Volume 1: PRINCESS NO MORE Chapter 2 - RED FLAG

[NEOMA, four years old]

***

WHEN Neoma was sure that the maid assigned to babysit her already left the room, she got up and stretched her arms.

[It's time to practice.]

Thanks to her little legs, it took her a while before she successfully and carefully got down the king-size bed that she shared with Nero.

[Speaking of my twin brother...]

Nero was in the study now with his teacher that was in charge of basic learning (read and write). Her poor brother's schedule for today was tight because of other his classes like math, history, etiquette and swordsmanship.

Yes, at four, Nero already had to learn how to hold a sword.

Lucky for her, she only had two classes: basic learning and etiquette.

After her lessons, her nanny called Marie would force her to sleep so she could secretly meet with her lover (a kitchen staff in the palace).

[Marie will return before dinner so I have a few hours to myself.]

Neoma sat in a lotus position on the carpeted floor in front of the floor-to-ceiling glass window. She was facing the huge but dull garden that was poorly kept by the gardener. But thanks to that, she was confident that no one would see her meditating.

She closed her eyes while her hands were clasped together as if she was praying.

[Let's concentrate.]

Female de Moonasterios were born weaker than the males. But still, they were still stronger than average people with Mana. Because according to the legend, the royal family was descendants of Yule- the God of Moon that their empire worshiped.

Since they had Yule's blood, they were physically stronger than average humans. Plus, once a de Moonasterio reached twenty five years old, they would start to age really, really slow. Aside from that, they were also blessed with physical strength and immunity from common spells.

[Well, that's the case for de Moonasterio men.]

Neoma remembered that from her childhood as a princess, she was told by her teachers to suppress her strength and Mana. Because according to them, a girl didn't need to be strong or powerful. That her main purpose was only to be a "good wife and mother."

[B*llshit.]

But since she was a naïve little princess then, she believed them.

And as a horrible result, she didn't have the chance to utilize her power as a de Moonasterio.

[If I knew I would be betrayed, I would have made myself stronger and killed every b*tch that hurt me in the past.]

Oh, she had that chance now.

"Neoma?"

Neoma opened her eyes when she heard a knock on the door the same time she heard Nero call her. "Come in, Brother," she said in her cutesy voice. "Neoma is awake."

The giant doors opened.

She stood up when she saw Nero enter the room. He asked the maids to wait outside the room. When they were finally alone in the chamber, she ran towards him.

"Neoma, don't run," Nero lightly scolded her while walking towards her. "You might trip."

As soon as he said that, Neoma tripped on purpose.

"Neoma!"

She wasn't hurt but she sniffed and pretended to cry anyway.

[Behold my acting skills, my dearest brother!]