chapter seven

yoongi's house wasn't quite what i expected—to be honest, i didn't know what waited for me

yoongi's house wasn't quite what i expected—to be honest, i didn't know what waited for me. it was too sophisticated, maybe he liked things that way. he owned ancient objects and items i didn't even know existed. a grand staircase greeted us when we walked in, but he took a sharp left, turning away from the large space.

i've never had the urge to explore a place as much as i did now. i didn't care i was bleeding out, nor that i was practically dying. i wanted to see everything. it took everything in me not to whine as he walked away from it.

the walls were painted a deep red, covered in aged paintings. shelfs were filled with tattered books, old books. as he carried me by it i read every title that i could. the ceilings were high, cob webs drenched the upper corners—they were only dirty in places he couldn't reach.

tall glass stained windows were placed beautifully along the room. the floor was covered in a mystically light that was being projected by the moon. it truly did feel like a halloween night. a large fire place was right in the middle of his living room. it was made out of bricks while photos and frames hung above it. a few comfy couches sat in the middle with a wooden table between them. filled with more books and journals—too many to count.

i assumed they were filled with endless entries from yoongi. i've never desired to read more than i did now.

he then walked up to a red couch with golden threads weaved through it, in an area that i guessed to be his living room. yoongi proceeded to turn on a desk lamp that sat on a wooden table, however the fireplace lit the room just fine. i appreciated the fact he was trying his hardest to make me feel comfortable. after he gently placed me down and left, he quickly came back with a small white box in hand.

while he was gone i noticed a grand piano stood proudly in the room down the hall, i only just got a quick glimpse of it before he distracted me. yet the instrument was too enthralling to not be obsessed over.

i looked down at myself, my once beautiful white dress was a mess. more blood and dirt stains than i could count, or wanted too. there was a large rip throughout the chest and my stockings were beyond repairable. the crimson color painted the white fabric. string and thread hung loosely from the shreds that managed to stay intact.

yoongi sat down next to me carefully, our legs ending up brushing against each other. i watched as he set the box down next to him, away from me. almost like he didn't want me to worry about it. then he opened the lid and fumbled through it for a few seconds. he turns to me with bandages and some alcohol wipes.

"you're bleeding," he tells me as he gestures to the cut on my chest. suddenly i could feel a sting coming from that area as the adrenaline died down.

"you're lucky i had this kit, i don't even remember why i have it," he chuckles quietly to himself. trying to lighten up the mood, but i was still shaken up—not even able to look him in the eyes.