New Beginnings

It was a new beginning. Exactly how it was supposed to go, how it was supposed to be. This is what he intended to happen, so why did it feel so wrong?

Izuku Midoryia stood right outside his modest, suburban home. He sighed. Something felt incredibly off. What was it?

He couldn't shake off the feeling that perhaps something was missing from life. He was Izuku Midoryia, who had a simple life living with his wife, Ochaco Uraraka, who was even pregnant. This was what he wanted, right?

He was a hero, and there was no mistaking that felt right. But it wasn't his career that was the problem. It was as if something was wrong with his personal life, although he couldn't understand why. Ochaco was inside, presumably readying the nursery. He looked at the ground, and sat on the porch, practically glaring at the wood paneling below him.

What is it? Izuku wondered silently. What could possibly be wrong? He had everything- a home, a wife, a career, and soon, a child. Yet he couldn't help but notice the blue of the sky, the red of the sunset, and the white of the clouds.

Blue, red, and white were always fascinating colors to him, and he never cared for pink. He heard Ochaco call from inside, perhaps dinner was ready. He just wanted to keep staring at the sky. Izuku found himself dreading walking in to see Ochaco, and stood up reluctantly, heading in.

Ochaco beamed at the sight of him, finishing up the dinner and setting a table for two, soon three. She wiped her hands messily, and greeted her husband, who was lost in thought.

"Izuku!" She warmly kissed his cheek, "Was it nice out there?" She asked sweetly.

Sweetness.

Now everyone loves a nice person, but Uraraka had too much sugar and not enough spice. It was toxic candy. It made him sick.

"Mhm," Izuku mumbled in response, hoping it'd be enough to satisfy the baby-carrying woman. It seemed to placate her, and she motioned for him to follow her into the kitchen.

"I made steamed broccoli and pork buns, by the way." Her smile seemed to falter at the lack of enthusiasm. "Do you still have those old note journals?" She offered, trying to make conversation as they sat down to eat.

"Somewhere around here." Izuku said, not really paying attention. He did miss going to UA, it seemed as if his life was more exciting back then.

However, nowadays it was as if time went by too fast. As if life had no meaning, and the world lost all its color. Izuku did have friends, such as Denki and Tsu, and Todoroki. Todoroki was one of Izuku's closest friends, and he rather missed him. Izuku has his number, but was always too shy to reach out to the formidable friend.

"Izuku!" Ochaco said loudly. Obviously she had been trying to get his attention.

"Huh?" Izuku broke out of his trance, "Y-Yes honey?" He smiled, nervous.

"I was asking if you could run to the store after dinner. We need a few things." Ochaco said.

"Oh!" Izuku piqued. Was that it? Alright- at least it wasn't more serious like the last time. "Uh... All right. Well uh, what do we need?"

"There's a list on the counter." She said, and yawned. "I'm tired, I'm gonna go rest up." Izuku was relieved. Now he could be left alone with his thoughts. After dinner, Izuku grabbed the note, and walked out the door as Ochaco headed off to bed.

Izuku was wandering through the store, holding a basket, and he heard a voice behind him.

"Midoriya?" They said, and Izuku turned around to see who it was. There stood Shoto Todoroki, a former classmate of his. Shoto towered over him, his aloof gaze making him seem more intimidating to Deku(Which is Izuku's hero name and childhood nickname) than he actually was. After all, they were friends- what was he so nervous for?

"Ah- Todoroki-kun...!" Deku said, a bit surprised to see Shoto here.

"Please, call me Shoto." He said, still stoic as ever. Deku trembled, nervous for some inexplicable reason.

"Er- Shoto. Nice to see you again...!" Deku said, and smiled nervously at him. He just nodded.

"I thought I recognized you from your... distinctive hair." He said flatly.

"Um... yeah." Deku just nodded awkwardly. Shoto waved, and walked away. That was officially the most awkward social interaction Deku had ever had in his life.

After paying, Deku dreaded going home. He wasn't sure why, as it seemed as if he should be pleased to see his wife, but something about the situation seemed monotonous. Boring. Sure, it was a simple and easy life, but he craved the spice that just wasn't there. Nevertheless, he still trudged home, carrying the bags of groceries tiredly. He put the groceries away, and peeked into the room where Ochaco was sleeping.

Deku sighed, and went over to the porch. He looked up at the sky, which was a brilliant contrast of blue, white, and red. He just gazed up, getting that same feeling again. Something is missing from his life. But what?