Unimaginable

We're at the hospital right now.
But don't worry, everything is fine. I'm fine.

Todoroki wasn't convinced. If a friend was in danger, then damn it, he was going to worry.

"Yayorozou," Todoroki turned a serious expression to the girl licking her mint velvet cone.

"Shoto, I told you you can call me Mo-"

"We need to go to the hospital. Now." Todoroki said, an edge to his tone.

Worry etched over the girl's face as the red, white, and green ice cream slowly melted in her hand. "Huh? Wait, why? Are our friends okay? I-Is it Deku? Is he alright?"

"I hope so..." Was all Todoroki offered before he ran off, Momo on his trail.

———

Izuku felt really bad. He shouldn't have left her in there like that, especially in such a state. It wasn't fair. He wasn't a kid anymore, he needed to deal with this now or never.

He grasped the door handle ready to go back in, when Urauka came out with tears streaming down her face.

"Oh! O-Ochako. I-I'm sorry about before," Deku fumbled for words in this moment, "I shouldn't have said-"

"No, it's my fault," Uraraka whispered, head hanging low, "I blamed you, but it's not your fault. It's mine. It's my damn fault for thinking we were ready, it's my fault for being so impatient, it's my fault I'm going to fucking die. That this baby isn't going to be born!" She broke in front of him.

Deku stared at her. His heart wrenched in his throat, the guilt gnawing its way through him. This was too much, he just wanted to run, to be held. Urauka was crying though. His friend, his lover, was past the verge of tears, because she was afraid of dying. Tears welled up in Izuku's  eyes. She couldn't die! He may not love her as a romantic partner, but she's still his best friend. The first friend he ever made at UA. How can her end be so near?

"I-It's my fault... that you don't love me," She whispered.

Deku's head snapped up to look at her. Shock was written all over his face-was he really that obvious? He didn't want to offend her-

Urauka gave him a side glance before going back to having a staring contest with her bloated stomach.

"Don't give me that look," She mumbled, "Do you think I haven't realized it yet?"

"R-Realized what?" Deku's heart seemed to beat at 100 beats per minute. What did she know?

"The way you look at me," She began," It's not like how you used to look at me. When I told you I loved you, you were overjoyed. When you proposed, you were ecstatic that I said 'Yes'. When I told you I was pregnant, you said your life was complete. Was it all a lie, Deku? Did you finally get tired of the act?" She cried.

"U-Uraraka, I am happy. I do love you, I promise," Deku comforted her, knowing damn well he was lying through his teeth. He even tried wrapping an arm around her, but she pushed him away.

"No!" She yelled, "Don't even try it! Don't you see, this is only driving us apart!! You're over me, admit it! I don't know who she or hell, he
is, but I hope they make you happy Deku!!" She rubbed her eyes, "Because I clearly don't! I try to love you, I do but you don't love me back!"

"Fine!" Deku snapped, "You want to know the truth?! I did love you!! But I'm just so stressed!! I need a break, dammit! Is that too much to ask?! I'm tired, I fought a Villian yesterday, I'm dealing with a pregnant wife and best friend who might die- THIS ISN'T EXACTLY EASY!!" He screamed, full on sobbing.

"AS IF IT IS FOR ME?!" Ochako shot back."You know what DEKU?! Fine. Have it your way, do whatever you want, because I'm not going to let you take care of me anymore. I'm going home, the doctors are giving me a day to process. You should too."