Discovering

It had been a whole, grueling year since Ochako's death. A year filled with Ochako's funeral, attended by nearly the whole city, and there was a whole omache to the death of a well known hero, Uravity. As Todoroki and Deku were walking through the city, there was a news broadcast on the large screen in the square.

"As everyone knows, it's the anniversary of the death of the well known hero, Uravity, who died tragically last year in a surgery to remove the child which was killing her." The reporter said professionally, and she did indeed look sad. Upon the screen next to her were clips of Ochako in battle and in interviews.

Deku turned away, sniffing a bit, although refraining from crying. Todoroki just sighed, a heavy feeling in his chest. He missed the poor girl almost as much, but he had learned to move on. Which was easy for him, as he wasn't particularly close to her, at least not as much as the boy sniffling besides him.

Izuku Midoryia, Pro Hero Deku, 24 years old, ex-husband of Uravity, Rival of DynaMight, Best Friend of Shoto, and the Symbol of Peace lost his wife to a failed surgery over 365 days ago.

Although he may have fallen out of love, Ochako Urauka was still someone near and dear to his heart. He, along with many others, missed her more and more each day. There were times where old friends would visit her grave, the most frequent being Tsuyu and Deku (of course) and the least being Todoroki and Bakugo (now come to think of it, it's been a while since Izuku saw him...).

So it was nothing short of a surprise when his bi-colored friend suggested they visit the girl. He went, sure, but he almost never recommended it or went voluntarily. Then again... it was the anniversary of her death.

Izuku of course agreed with no hesitation. Heading away from the broadcast, they started towards Musutafu Burial. The walk there was silent, the boys left to their own personal thoughts.

When they arrive at Urauka's grave, flowers are placed, and prayers are said. They each take turns whispering things to Urauka who is up in heaven, and paying their best respects. Todoroki went first, his expression placid and sorrowful, but his tone, calm.

"I'm not sure how life would be right now if you had survived, but I guess you made Izuku happy. He's upset that you left, I'm upset you left, we all are. You were a great pro-hero and I'm sure you'll be a good mom. Um-I l, don't have anything else. Deku?"

His Icy Hot friend gestured to the gravestone as the No.1 Hero approached it steadily, tears in his eyes.

"Look, Ochako I-" He thought for a moment, breathing steadily, "I'm sorry, okay? I know I've said this every time but it's true. Did you-heh, did you know it's the day you died today? Crazy, huh? It's already been a year. How's the baby doing? I wish I could have seen him, I wish I could see you. I wish we at least talked before that surgery, so that I wouldn't feel guilty about leading you to such a crappy afterlife. I'm sorry," Izuku hung his head, silently crying.

Todoroki let him have his moment, it was rude if he'd didn't. The boy did have plans for the two, but there was no need to rush. However, the man was done sooner than he thought.

"All right...I'm good now," Izuku sniffed.

"Really?" Shoto asked.

"Y-yeah, I'll be fine," He reassured him, "Now where did you want to take me?" He asked.

"Oh uh-" Todoroki looked a little nervous (emphasis on little), "Just this coffee shop I saw. I'm thirsty-maybe you want to go?"

It was only a suggestion. Deku honestly didn't have to go to a coffee shop with him if he didn't want too. Honestly, Todoroki would go anywhere with the man.