Perfect Life

Izuku walked through the city, content filling him. It was nice he got to have his own time, and was glad Uraraka was cooperative enough to not demand extra care, even if she is pregnant. Izuku remembered now, in her first month of pregnancy he panicked, and insisted that he'd never leave the house again. Eventually the woman convinced him to take it easy, to take her easy, and just enjoy the time. So he abided.

He wasn't going to the store, he wasn't on a mission- not yet, at least. Izuku was just taking a walk. For being a pro hero, that may be hard to believe, but really, he wasn't doing much.

Deku walked into a townsquare filled with shops, and wondered if he should get his wife something. The thought quickly dispersed, when he noticed a familiar bi-color haired individual.

Todoroki-kun? Why is he here? And why do I keep running into him?!

Thankfully, the multi-quirked hero didn't notice Izuku. From the looks of it, he seemed to be preoccupied talking to someone, though he couldn't recognize who. Probably a friend of his. Though she was female, maybe his girlfriend?

No, no. Not that. Izuku wouldn't jump to conclusions, it was rude. Then again, why doesn't he like the thought of that? Of Todoroki having a significant other? Didn't he want his friend happy?

Of course he did. Besides, Izuku was here to relax and take a break, it'd be nice to actually conversate with a close ally and trusted friend, which is exactly why he walked over to Todoroki.

"Todoro- I mean, Shoto..." Izuku said awkwardly. He noticed that Todoroki was talking to Momo Yaoyorozu, and her cheeks were flushed pink. Izuku felt a pang of irritation at this, but he just looked up at Todoroki, who seemed a bit surprised to see Izuku.

"Midoriya?" He asked.

"Er- please, call me Izuku." Izuku said nervously. Momo just smiled.

"Hey, Deku! How've you been since UA?" She said jovially, waving. Izuku narrowed his eyes, but smiled back nonetheless. It wasn't her fault he disliked her at that moment, she did nothing wrong. Besides, it would be nice to have some old friends back.

"I've been good, thanks Momo-chan." Deku nodded. Momo tilted her head.

"Well, Shoto and I were just leaving." Momo said insistently, taking Todoroki's arm. She had good intentions, although this wasn't something that crossed Deku's mind as he was filled with jealousy.

"Right- you have my number, Izuku." Todoroki said, unsmiling. He let Momo drag him off to a clothing store, leaving Deku in the middle of a square, people bustling around past him. He sighed. As he turned around, heading down an alley for a quick way home, he thought about how cold Todoroki seemed. Why?

Sure, the boy had always been somewhat aloof in childhood, but it had gotten better. He was a little more expressive than he was in his youth. Of course he wasn't an open book like Izuku himself, but it began getting easier to know him. So when Izuku noticed the small frown placed on his lips, the reluctance and hesitation in his stance as he allowed Momo to pull him forth, he noticed something was bothering the fire-iced friend. If only he had more time to ask why.

Screams rang clear into his line of hearing. He followed the distressed human pleas to see a hooded villain with black and red shredded clothes with a blank, featureless face. He was tearing apart a bridge as millions clung to the fabrications of the wood, hanging for dear life.

What the-

Deku shook his head. No time to wonder about that now, he was a hero. His job wasn't to question the villian's motives, as much as he wanted too. His job was to save the lives that were in danger.