3

"So, this is our home." Anna said as she closed the apartment door behind her. Jessica examined the first room she saw, which was the living room. It was pretty empty, with just a TV, a few furniture pieces and some books laying around. There weren't any pictures or decorations. However, it was well lit, and that was because of the large window with beautiful views of Brooklyn. "It's small, I know. But there's enough room for you, don't worry." 

"It's nice." Jessica said, quietly. 

"Your room is right here, the kitchen and the living room are connected, as you can see..." Anna started to point at the different parts of the residence. "And bathroom is at the end of the corridor. Feel like at home."

"I'll try." She said, slowing walking around the living room and stopping to look through a nursing book that was laying on top of a cupboard. "Although there isn't much I can do, is it?" 

"I know..." Anna sighed, trying to show compassion for her.

"You can watch TV." Barnes, the Winter Soldier, pointed at the device as a suggestion. 

Anna's eyes widened as she nodded at his idea. "Yes! It's one option..."

"But not Tuesday and Wednesday night 'cause they show the Champions League." The soldier quickly added, earning a dirty look from his wife. "What?"

"You can come out with us from time to time, just make sure no one recognises you." The older woman turned back Jessica, who already looked tired of being trapped. "But you can't leave alone, okay?"

"Okay." Jessica nodded, leaving the book where she found it. She then walked towards what would be her bedroom. "I think I'm going to rest." 

She didn't wait for a reply before locking herself in the room. She just wanted to be alone for one second, try to deal with everything that she had been told in such short time. Now that she had finally gotten a minute to herself, she was doubting if it was a good idea. She didn't want to think about him. Not when what had happened to him was most likely her fault. 

She changed into her sleeping clothes and went straight to bed, doing her utmost to leave her mind blank and to fall into the slumber to which fatigue dragged her.

So, you're just gonna leave?

How can you do this...?