8

The sun resurfaced as the group moved away from the crowded city center and away from the bounty hunters' merciless aim. They had a clear view of the break of day as they had almost made it to Madripoor's port. Sam, now walking comfortably in flat shoes, stared at the sunrise in a moment of calmness. "Madripoor could give New York a run for its money." He said, also acknowledging the probable amount of exporting material in the containers surrounding them. Apparently, the man they were looking for was hiding nearby.

"They know how to party." Zemo added. He should know. Though Jessica, who had seen him give his all on the dancefloor.

"With that bounty on your head, the longer you're in Madripoor, the less likely you're ever leaving." Sharon said, bringing them all back to reality. A few steps ahead, she stopped next to one of the containers. "All right. He's in there. Container four-two-six-one. I'll keep an eye out while you guys talk to Nagel."

"You sure you don't want back up?" Anna looked at the former agent, offering herself for help.

"No, but hurry. We're on borrowed time." She said and opened the door to the inside of the big metal box.

All except Carter got inside, only to find nothing.

"What are we supposed to find here?" Asked Bucky, putting into words what everyone was thinking.

"I don't know, a lab, maybe."

"Umm, I haven't had very positive experiences in laboratories." Jessica mumbled, reminiscing what had happened to her in the past. From that point on she decided to refrain from using her powers as long as they were nearby said lab, just to avoid any casualties.

"Hey, Sharon. You sure this is the right one? It's completely empty." Sam asked into the earpiece.

"Positive. It has to be."

Jessica decided to walk forward until she reached the end of the container. There must be something here, she thought. She placed her hand on the cold metal and lightly pushed, revealing that way a secret entrance to an upper level.

Jessica looked back at Sam, who nodded in approval for her to go up, followed by the rest of the team. They all went up the stairs to find, indeed, a fully equipped laboratory. Jessica let Sam walk ahead her, leading everyone. The only thing that could be heard was a song being played in an old yet compacted record player. There was a man inside - the man they were looking for - but he hadn't heard them come in as he was singing along to the song lyrics. 

Sam stoped the record player, making the man freeze in the spot. "Dr. Nagel?"

Startled, he turned to face the intruders pointing guns at him. "Who are you? What do you want?"

"We know you created the super-soldier serum."

"Get out of my lab." He said, getting up and walking away from Sam, who was closer to him. Nagel stood still as soon as he spotted Bucky and Anna guarding the exit. 

"You know who they are, right?" Sam grabbed the scientist by the arm as he nodded his head towards the Winter Soldiers. "This is Baron Zemo. I know you've heard of him, too, right? And Jessica, of course, who doesn't know her?" The doctor seemed to shrink at the sight of the threat. He was starting to understand who was he dealing with. "You seem like a pretty smart guy, so you better become conversational real quick."

Surprisingly, the doctor talked back to Sam's inquiries. "How about a counter proposal? Make me a better offer and I'll talk."

"Guys, we have company. Every bounty hunter in the city is here." Sharon's voice resounded in everyone's earpiece. "We gotta go!"