𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡

After the loss of their leader, Captain America, Howling Commandos and other soldiers kept fighting for what worth of them. Of course the disappearance of the super soldier made them worry, grieve, and guilty. Apparently the existence of him grew closely on them. But, they promised themselves to not disappoint the captain, so battling was the only option. Even without the super soldier and his best friend by their side, in the end they still managed to win the war.

Howard Stark and his team attempted to find the bodies of Steve Rogers and Lyra Portia, searching in every coordinate they got, sending people to look at the ocean, but no luck was siding with them. Instead, they found an object that was once claimed as Johann Schmidt's, the Tesseract. The source of an unlimited power.

Peggy Carter stood by herself after the love of her life left her, still leading the army to victory. For a moment, she felt nothing as Steve had gone. Sometimes, she blamed herself for letting him go down the chaos path, but nothing she could do as it was his choice. Then she realized, it was time to move on.

Knowing Steve had no other person in his life, Peggy approached Lyra's parents. She felt so bad to be the one sending the information to them. Her heart ached so hard when her mouth slipped the horrible news of their only daughter. She tried to hold her tears as she watched Mr. and Mrs. Portia crying over their child.

Years of searching only resulted in nothing. Their once big hope decreased to almost none. America had lost their hero, their good man. And there was nothing to be done except accepting the fate.

But, one day in 2011, a bunch of people found a bright spot. In the middle of Arctic, a plane that was once Captain America rode in his final mission was found. At first, they couldn't believe what they saw. But, a sight of a man in a suit frozen in ice brought their hope back. And not only him, there was also a lady in a gown few meters away from the man.

They realized that they had found the legends. The information was sent to everyone reserved rights. Investigation was started, they did everything to find for any other information. But, there was something else caught their attention the most. The legends were alive.

°°°

The pain was killing her. Her whole body felt like crushing, like she was put in a small room without any ventilation system. Breathing was hard, like the imaginary room grew smaller and smaller, slowly smashing her.

She felt heaviness, it was very hard to even move a single muscle. Her eyes stayed closed and her mouth didn't make a room for air to enter. The room was warm, but she only felt cold.

Her ears didn't hear a sound, not even silence. It only kept ringing painfully, making her want to close them but she couldn't bring her hands up. She wanted to scream, to yell for help, but nothing came out. Her mouth didn't even bother to open a bit of space, instead kept closed. It was like her body hadn't made a move for decades.

Tears started falling from her eyes as she held the pain longer. Dizziness began to fill her head, surrounding her felt like spinning around drastically. For some time she let her body adjust to the peripheral, waiting for a difference to be made. She could feel her chest going up and down as oxygen started to fill her lungs.

She stayed in her position for the continued minutes, trying to calm herself from the unknown situation. The ringing in her ears decreased little by little, only to be receiving new audio from the room. Her forehead creased as she tried to bring herself concentrating on one sound. The voice of a person she knew too well.

"No, I won't allow it. It's not fair for her part."

Lyra instantly calmed at the sound. That was Steve. She could recognize his voice everywhere. That meant they weren't dead yet. Maybe someone found them a few hours later, bringing them to be healed.