𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

She couldn't sleep. Her eyes wouldn't close its gap, instead keeping her vision through the serene night. Peaceful was what she felt on the outside, but turmoil inside.

Voices filled her mind, making a mess in it. She couldn't hear anything outside her figure, but the sounds in her head were driving her mad. Her mouth opened to scream, but nothing ever came out.

The cold of the night possessed through her skin, making her shiver and slightly tremble. Turning to right and left, nothing could make her comfortable at the moment. The more she moved, the more she got frustrated.

At last, Lyra pushed herself to sit on the bed, using each hand to rest on each side of her body. She sighed heavily, letting her lungs release all the air she just breathed in. Just sitting there for a minute was what she did.

Then, she decided to get on her feet, taking them to walk to the bathroom. She might need a bath up, but chose to ignore it. Instead, she brought her body to the left side of the room. Now, she was face to face with the other her.

Nothing was different from her look, only her hair was slightly longer than she remembered. Her face was still as beautiful as before, just like everyone told her. Her lips looked very dry, she understood it because of the cold she felt for almost 70 years.

For the record, Lyra still couldn't accept the fact that they weren't in forties anymore. All of it seemed so unreal in a bad way. At this point, she couldn't even decide whether to be grateful that she was alive or not.

Faces of her parents haunted her since the day she woke up from the comma. She could imagine the frightened look on their faces when they realized she was gone. Her heart ached at the thought.

There were some promises she made that she couldn't get it done. She promised she would take care of them at their old age, so they could live their lives without worry, but even now she didn't know where they were and she dared to bet she made them worry to hell. That made her feel sick and bad.

Another sigh left her lips. Some part of herself told her that this wasn't right. She wasn't meant to be in this timeline and she would never fit the crowd here. But, the other part of herself thought this was meant to be. Fate decided this to her so there was no way it could make her life worse. There must be something to why she was brought into another generation. She just had to believe that.

The next morning, Natasha picked her up with a car. She said from today, Lyra would have to do trainings with her and she would pick her up everyday like that. Steve let her, he himself was going to take a walk around the city. But, he promised Lyra to take her when she finished the trainings.

Natasha took Lyra to Triskelion, giving her an ID card with her face in it. The redhead said if she was to go in and out the building, she should have the card, because S.H.I.E.L.D. had a tight security system. Lyra nodded in understanding, she trusted the redhead because Steve seemed to trust her too.

They walked through the corridor, aiming for gymnasium inside it. Natasha swung her legs confidently, holding her head in the air with a little smirk she couldn't help. Other workers gave her a polite nod and a smile to which she returned it cockily. She babbled to Lyra about what they did there, how many divisions there were, who the heads were, and other things about S.H.I.E.L.D., while Lyra didn't ask too many questions.

As their feet touched the gymnasium floor, Natasha told Lyra to change her clothes in the changing room in the corner. Lyra did as she was told, adjusting herself in a tank top and compression pants. She walked out of the room and found Natasha was already in her position to train.

"Let's see what you can do." Natasha said, cracking her knuckles up. They warmed up for a minute before she started to lecture Lyra about self defense.