𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Being back at his original place wasn't the best thing he hoped for. All those memories flooded his head, when he was young and small, fragile and alone. He remembered this place to be the one he used to train with other soldiers, the place he first met Peggy.

And to think about it, he hadn't really moved on from her. He thought he could, but seeing her face on the hung frame next to Tony Stark's father made him doubt his feelings. He wondered whether it was fair or not to tell Lyra to continue on when he wasn't feeling it.

But, now he had a job to do. Thinking about his life was one thing, while saving everyone's life was another more and probably now most significant thing. It was going to be a hard wave, especially now he, Natasha, Lyra, and probably some other agents were considered fugitives by their very beloved organization.

As the elevator came to a stop and the door opened, Steve and Natasha brought their feet swaying away the dim lighted room. The only sources of light were from the elevator and the colorful buttons in the middle. The lamps started to turn on as both of them reached the huge ancient computers.

They looked around quietly, scanning the full of old technology room. Natasha's face showed her confusion as she announced it loudly, "This can't be the data point. This technology is ancient." But, then her eyes caught a small flash drive port that seemed to be the only recent technology around. She pulled out the hard drive from Fury and placed it on the port.

The next thing to happen, all the light sources in the room began to illuminate them. Every old technology was turned on, leaving the room crowded and bright. The computer in front of them started to activate, "Initiate system?" it asked.

Natasha put her fingers on the old keyboard and began to type while spelling the word 'Yes'. She entered it and the computer produced a cranky sound, "Shall we play a game?" she smiled maliciously at the screen. Leaning away, Natasha turned her head to Steve, "It's from a movie that was really pop-"

"Yeah, I know, I saw it." Steve nodded his head, only to be receiving a defeated look from Natasha.

The screen started to form a face with round glasses while the small old camera atop starting to move its way to analyze Steve's face. Then, the voice of someone he was very familiar with began to fulfill his ears, "Rogers, Steven. Born 1918." It said like he couldn't remember his own birthday. The camera moved to the other side, scanning Natasha's look before the voice continued, "Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna. Born 1984."

"It's some kind of recording." Natasha suggested.

Like it could be offended, the computer replied annoyedly with its thick accent, "I am not a recording, Fräulein." It said, "I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945. But, I am." The far right computer screen showed a picture of the voice owner, Dr. Arnim Zola. A memory flashed through Steve's mind, making him all over again feel the regret and pain. He still could recall so well the time he and other Howling Commandos intruded the train taking the scientist. It was like yesterday when he watched in motion Bucky fell off the train. The sight of it in his mind broke his heart once more.

Natasha was still in confusion hearing the computer talked, "You know this thing?"

Steve stayed silent for the next moment, quietly analyzing the thing in front of him. He began to bring his feet to walk around, "Arnim Zola was a German scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years."

"First correction, I am Swiss." The doctor inside the computer used his annoyed tone once more, "Second, look around you. I have never been more alive. In 1972, I received a terminal diagnosis. Science could not save my body. My mind, however, that was worth saving on 200.000 feet of databanks. You are standing in my brain."