Part 14

Skyler and Violet strolled through the dorm halls, chatting and linking arms as they went along.

"I am so happy that you're doing this Skyler!"

"I'm happy too, Violet, but I have to admit I'm kind of nervous. I've planned and practiced but there's still a part of me who just feels like Ruby wouldn't feel the same; maybe I'm just overthinking it again, but now that it's time to really ask her out, I think I'm even more nervous then when she lead me back to the Color Block Party."

Violet contemplated telling Skyler everything that went down with Ruby on Sunday, but, no, she couldn't; it isn't her business! Oh, but she knows Ruby feels the same! Some light hints won't hurt; that's not really an invasion of privacy, right? It's a win-win for Skyler to know about Ruby's feelings; Sky wouldn't be as nervous and they'd still work out in the end! Yes! Hints!

"You know, Ruby talks about you all the time, Skyler; I don't think you have anything to worry about."

"If someone talking about another person 'all the time' means they have feelings for said person, I would have to assume the same goes for Sunny, huh? Seems like she always finds a way to add you into most conversations."

Violet almost stopped walking out of shock, but, with her arm being linked up with Skyler's, she had no other option than to just go on, face feeling hot out of embarrassment.

"Wait! Really? She does-"

"Anyway!"

Skyler had been suspecting that Sunny was the 'friend' Violet was talking about Sunday night, but she had to make sure. Violet's reaction was all she needed to confirm, but she knew Violet wasn't prepared to talk about it, definitely not right now, she switched the spotlight back to herself, she'd let Violet do things at her own pace.

"Here we are, could hold these while I'm unlocking it?"

After carefully rearranging the locker so the flowers don't get smashed and the tickets stay uncrumpled, the first bell rang.

"Shoot! Only a few minutes to get to class! Come here Violet, give me the stuff, we've gotta go."

In their haste to leave, and the placing of the flowers taking up too many precious seconds, Skyler had forgotten to re-lock her locker, leaving it slightly ajar and easily accessible.