Part 17

"Yes! He had to have gotten into it! I mean, one of his classes is right there!"

"Skyler, calm down."

"Now isn't the time for 'calming down', Poppy!"

"Sunny, you're not helping either of them."

Violet walked around to see the inside of Skyler's locker.

"What makes you so sure that Colin got into your locker?"

"Violet, you can't be serious! He just wants to screw up what I have with Ruby, it's obvious!"

"But I just don't understand."

Skyler, Sunny, and Violet turned to look at Poppy.

"I don't understand why he would break into your locker just to leave everything. Sure, some more flower petals are scattered around then you might've left, but if he wanted to ruin this, wouldn't he try to shake off all the petals, not just a few unnoticeable ones? Or just take the flowers instead?"

Poppy's questions make Skyler remember the movie tickets and she quickly moved the bouquet to find that they were still there, but not exactly how she left them.

"He didn't take the movie tickets either, but someone moved them. Someone picked this one up and left it facing down with- oh."

Skyler realized,

"The only ticket that was moved was this one."

Skyler showed the group the writing on the ticket, a heart next to Skyler's nickname.

"You know, I'm not grammar genius Skyler,"

Sunny observed,

"but shouldn't you have put a comma by that heart?"

"I guess I just...must've missed it. But what would that do??"

"Weeelll, if, say, Ruby was the one to get into your locker, and only see a ticket with your name and a heart, she might've gotten the wrong idea that Colin was the one to give you those things, and that you were alright with it because it was in your locker."

"Sunny has a point."

Violet began,

"We were in a rush today Skyler; are you sure you locked your locker?"

"Well, I- I don't remember if I did..."

"So, what I'm hearing is that it isn't a far stretch to guess that on her way to our hang out spot by Sunny's locker, Ruby might've passed by your locker, saw it was open, maybe saw Colin walk by after his class, and she checked it out herself?"

"Yeah! You're the only one who has been so secretive about your locker combination Sky! If Ruby saw it was open-"

Skyler cut Sunny off.

"-If she saw it was open and that Colin had passed by it, she must think I gave him my combo and that..."

The others waited for Skyler to finish.

"...that I'm with him again."