Chapter 5

Link and Kaze rode on Mipha's back as she swam to the Divine Beast.

"See the waterfalls coming off it's back? Up those waterfalls are glowing, pink orbs. Those are what you are aiming for. Link will ascend the waterfalls with the Zora armor with Kaze on his back and you two will shoot the orbs. I will take you to the side of the Divine Beast." Mipha explained.

Vah Ruta started to stomp on the lake floor and roared with it's trumpet.

"What is it doing?" Kaze asked, nervously.

"It knows we are here. We have to wait for an opening before I can swim to the side of Ruta. Be careful of it's attacks!" Mipha exclaimed.

Ruta then started to shoot large ice cubes at them. Kaze panicked a bit. He grabbed his bow and shot normal arrows at the ice. When the arrows hit the ice, it was then projected away and it shattered when it hit the water.

"Nice work, Kaze!" Mipha exclaimed.

"T-Thank you." Kaze said. To be honest, he just went with his gut. He didn't think that actually would work.

Mipha then swam up to the side of Vah Ruta and to the waterfalls. Kaze held onto Link and then then he swam up on of the waterfalls. It launched them into the air, with Kaze still on Link's back. Link quickly got his bow and shot at one of the orbs. It hit and the orb turned yellow. Kaze then did the same thing and the orb he shot turned yellow too. Two down and two more to go. They then fell back into the water. Mipha got them on her back and swam away.

Ruta then started to shoot more ice at them but then this time it was spiked balls made of ice. Link then quickly shot them away with his normal arrows. Mipha then swam to the other side of Vah Ruta and then Link swam up a waterfall that was there. The two boys repeated what they did before and now, all the orbs on Ruta were yellow.

Vah Ruta let out a big roar as Link and Kaze landed in the water again. Mipha then picked the two boys up onto her back again. Vah Ruta then sunk down, on it's knees, into the water and it's trunk went into the water, making it stop raining. The waterfalls then stopped coming out of it as well. When it sunk down, it provided an easy way for them to get on it.

They then got on the Divine Beast.

"Well done, you two." Mipha smiled.

Ruta then got back up on it's legs but stayed there with it's trunk low.

"There should be a Guidance Stone inside that will give us a map of Vah Ruta." Mipha explained.

Link and Kaze nodded.

They then went inside but then say the inside of Vah Ruta was filled with dark malice that were on Ruta like vines on the side of a house. Attached to the malice was glowing eyes that looked at them. That made chills go down Kaze's spine.

Link then hit the eye with an arrow and the malice died away and disappeared.

"Poor Vah Ruta. It must be filled with this." Mipha frowned.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of it." Kaze said with a smile.

The three made it to the Guidance Stone. Link put the Sheikah Slate in it and after a few seconds of loading, on the Sheikah Slate, there was a map of the inside of Vah Ruta. It also showed that they could control the trunk of Vah Ruta.

"What are the glowing points?" Kaze asked.

"Those must be the terminals that control Ruta. If we activate all of them, we will take back control of Ruta." Mipha explained.

"Sounds easy." Kaze said.

"There should be some on the lower level." Mipha said.

They then climbed down the stairs on the outside of Ruta that then lead inside. There was then more malice around.