𝗣 𝗥 𝗘 𝗟 𝗨 𝗗 𝗘

PRELUDE, introduction

╭ ⋆ ━━ CHUUYA HAD MOVED INTO HIS NEW STUDIO APARTMENT APROXIMATELY THREE MONTHS AGO

He had moved in on Mori's order, though quiet frankly, he was happy in his two bedroom apartment on the 32nd street, seven blocks away from his new place. The only reason he had moved in in the studio apartment was to keep a former executive in check, looking for any opportunity to get her back into the Mafia. They always could, but she was as simple as a civilain, or at least, that was what she remembered.

See, Hiroshima Akane was amnesiac, her past wiped out in front of her very eyes during the conflict with another three months ago; her miscalculation had cost her her memories. And although she lived a spectacular, normal and boring life of any other person roaming the streets of Yokohama, Mori refused to dispose of her. It was only because she was a powerful asset that he wouldn't kill until the situation demanded so— he kept her for her brain and Special Ability, nothing more and nothing less.

Back in the day when he and Dazai were partners, the duo had worked with the girl before. She was a pain in the ass at the time and Chuuya could only wonder how she turned out to be so wonderful. He had been watching her for three months now and he couldn't believe that she used to do the dirty work for the Mafia.

Keep a watch on her, Chuuya-kun, he thought, repeating Mori's words in his head once more, making sure it was exactly what he was doing. He barely had to make sure, because he was watching her, wasn't he?

He was watching her intently as she brought in another customer's order and the way she smiled at them as a courtesy.

His order was yet to come— a classic black coffee— but he didn't mind waiting.

"Your black coffee," she said, placing his order in front of him and smiling down at him.

Chuuya smiled back, his eyes lingering on her reatreating figure before curling his fingers around the ear of the white cup and lifting it to his lips. He blew the liquid first and took a sip of the coffee, the familiar taste of it mingling with his tongue. That's how everyday went for him, really— a coffee or two at a café and then getting on to wreak havoc onto whatever Mori wanted gone— nothing interesting taking part in Chuuya's seemingly boring life; a life nothing more than black, white and grey monotone colors, bringing him no joy whatsoever.

Akane watched Chuuya from the corner of her eye with intent. He seemed familiar when they had first met; when he had moved into the aparment right next to her's on the twelveth floor. Of course, she was amnesiac, and had absolutely no clue who he was or what job he had. She just knew her new neighbour was a regular at the café she worked at.

But everything was a blur, and regaining her memories was like looking through prescribed glasses to remember her past properly. And she couldn't help but look forward to regaining all of them, because she wanted to know why Chuuya looked so familiar and if he was a part of her life earlier.