𝘀 𝗰 𝗲 𝗻 𝗲 𝘁 𝘄 𝗼

SCENE TWO, dinner( 晩ごはん )

SCENE TWO, dinner
( 晩ごは)

╭ ⋆ ━━━ SHE UNCAPPED THE BLUE HIGHLIGHTER, BRINGING ITS TIP TO THE PORCELAIN-COLORED PAGES OF THE BOOK

Her tongue stuck out of the corner of her mouth, concentrating on not moving the highlighter anywhere but the words that hugged the page. Light blue brought the words it covered into a spotlight. Splotches of blue cloaked the page; she could never let go of the things she liked.

She wondered if her past self- the one she had forgotten- was anything like the person she was now, if that Akane liked to read books and highlight every line in blue or listen to King Princess.

Her King Princess was disrespectfully interrupted when the high ringing of the smoke detectors dominated the hall of the floor, the sprinklers spouting water all over the floor, drenching everyone and everything in its release.

She mechanically got off her couch, putting the drenching book that was in her hands down, seeing no need to try and rescue it from water's deadly hands. Her feet squelched against the floor coated with wood as she walked quickly, finding it a tedious thing to do without slipping and sliding all over the floor. She opened her front door to reveal a panicked Chuuya trying to shield his precious fedora from the water, fumbling with everything to avoid the seering burning sensation that sprinted across the palm he had hurt earlier that day.

She looked at him with pursed lips, hands on her hips.

The water stopped upon detecting no more smoke, the high ringing settling into silence.

"What were you doing?" she asked, knowing that he was the one that had set off the water sprinklers from the way his face contorted in frustration.

"Trying to cook dinner," he grumbled, not very happy with being scolded by a girl he barely knew. That was one thing that hadn't changed about her in the period of three months, she hadn't stopped liking order in things, and rain in her apartment was surely not within the line.