𝘀 𝗰 𝗲 𝗻 𝗲 𝘁 𝗵 𝗿 𝗲 𝗲

SCENE THREE, chessboard

╭ ⋆ ━━━ CHUUYA RELEASED A BREATH AND RAPPED HIS KNUCKLES AGAINST THE DOOR

The door swung open within a minute's time, revealing Akane who stood in front of him with her hair ruffled and an orange pencil stuck behind her ear.

"Um, hello." she greeted, leaning against her arm, the hand of which was clasped around the doorknob.

"Hi," he said.

"Uh, did you need something?"

"Yeah," he said, only meeting her eyes halfway. "Have you eaten dinner?" he asked, quickly adding, "Can you help me cook dinner?"

"Okay," she said slowly, an eyebrow raised.

"Well, any specific thing you want?" she asked, checking his fridge.

"I'm fine with anything," he answered, "what about you?"

In all honesty, he didn't care what she cooked, he was just sick and tired of eating ramen everyday for dinner.

Akane nodded, already taking out ingredients and commencing her cooking. Chuuya simply watched her as she moved around kitchen, fiddling with the brim of his hat.

"Do you usually work late?" she asked, very well aware of the time.

He hummed, resting his chin on his palm. "Yeah. Lots of paperwork."

What he said was only half a lie; he did have a lot of paperwork, but it was all about sinister matters, not concerning selling or buying anything. It felt like he had been lying a lot ever since he had interacted with Akane. He was, intentionally, becoming too close to the assignment, albeit he knew it wouldn't end very well. He was also lying to Mori— he wondered how he got away with the little lie— about how he was only watching her, barely interacting with her. And by "barely," he was hoping Mori understood that he meant she was cooking dinner for him every now and then.