CHAPTER 23

I had a lot of questions in my head, and I started by asking Preston what that weird white powder was?

He answered that it was something that would erase your memory, causing the victim to pass out for a while.

I then asked why did he have such a thing with him?

He was a little hesitant at first but he started talking eventually, he told me that there was this time when he was in middle school and his uncle Anthony was late to pick him up from school, so he just stood there waiting for his uncle, but then there were three odd looking men who pulled him aside and started beating him up asking for his father, in order to retrieve some money from them, at that point he still hadn't acquired his powers so he couldn't defend himself, but at that right moment his uncle Anthony showed up and saved him by blowing this same powder at them, later Nana max heard about what happened and gave Preston this powder and told him that whenever he was in danger and couldn't feel like he would be able to use his powers then he could blow the powder at them which will buy him some to escape from there and will also erase their memories of what happened, he also recalled saying that it was a very traumatic experience for him and has never left the house without the powder in his pocket, he also told me that he hadn't about this to anyone, and he finished off by calling me 'little woman' again, except this time I wasn't angry at all.

He then said the better question was how did I make those people fly and crash into the walls?

I myself had no idea on, how i did all that, as far as I remembered, I had my bad gut feeling and everything happened in a split second without my knowledge.

There was a silence between us, from which we recovered quickly as Preston had to reach Olympus before those people gain consciousness again.

Well there it was I was going to know the truth and I prepared myself for it, the onlything was I hadn't known that it was bigger than I thought and no amount ofpreparation could help me through it...