Once Again

I really wanted to go up to my mom and yell at her face, but after all these years, I'm kind of scared. She betrayed me once and I don't want her to leave me again if I get attached to her. But I had to show her that I don't forgive her. So I'm going to go up to her and give her the words that she deserves. I started to cross the street fast but then when she noticed that I was her daughter, I started to walk slower and slower. Each step I take, I get even more nervous. Then, I finally reached the other side of the road. Next think I know, I'm standing right in front of my mom.

"Zoe?" She whispered.

I didn't respond to her, I just kept starring at her until I heard a voice in the back of my mom.

"Zoe? Oh my God Zoe! I miss you so much!" The voice said as it got closer and closer to me. It was Talya.

I quickly walked backwards to try and run out of this mess that I made. Mom was still starring at me and Talya was still walking closer. I stopped because I was about to cross the street. I didn't wanna get hit by a car, although it is the best thing to do in this situation.

"Zoe? Zoe wait!" Mom yelled.

She then whispered to Darryl, "I think she still remembers what happened 5 years ago."

Darryl nodded and walked away. Of course.

"Fine, mom, I have a lot of things to say to you. But I didn't want to ruin my weekend. But I guess its already ruined." I started off, trying to get over 'this awkward conversation'.

"Can we talk at your house? Talya said you lived in her house when she moved to Los Angeles." Mom said softly.

"Fine, follow me." I sighed.

*

After the walk with silence, I opened the door to my house and went in.

"Hey, back already boo?" Luke said, making more coffee for himself.

"Luke, turn around. I want you to meet, my uhh, parents, Talya and you of course know Tracey." I whispered.

Luke turned around slowly and put on a confused look.

"Wait, are those the people who hurt you?" He said getting louder.

"Yeah...sort of..." I responded.

"And why is Tracey here?" Luke said with anger.

"I don't even know. Come, sit. I will be right there." I say to the "guests" trying to be nice in front of Luke.

I went into the kitchen where Luke was heading and sat down on the floor. I was about to tear up.

"Are you okay?" Luke whispered sitting down next to me.

"No, my parents are here, and Tracey is also here. They are the worst things that happened to me. Why in the world would I be ok?"

"Its ok, lets go, they are waiting. I will be right next to you no matter what." He said pulling me up and dragging me gently to the living room.

"Do--you g--guys want anything?" I asked.

"No thanks, we just want to explain." Mom responded.

"Listen, when you escaped, I was thrilled! But your dad came to our house and threatened to hurt you when he finds you. So I talked him out of it and made a deal. And the deal was--" she started.

"Wait hold on, I didn't escape. He let me out. Darryl, why would you tell mom that I escaped?" I quickly responded.

"Well, I uh, I uh thought that maybe your mom wouldn't worry as much if you escaped. I didn't want her to worry because then she would call the cops." "Dad" responded.

"Well, look where you are standing now, lemme ask questions here first." I said.

"Go ahead honey." Mom said.

"Don't call me honey again. First, I am not in love with girls as you can see. Second, why are you all together again after 5 years? And third, why the hell is Tracey here?" I answered back.

"This is why we are here hon--sorry. This is when we made the de--." Mom said.

"Wait. Wait! Zoe, you lied to me??!! Wow, so you lied to me when you escaped! Ima show you what lying is right this second." After that second word Darryl said I was slapped in the face by his hand.

"Hey hey hey!!! Get your hands off her!" Luke pleaded.

"Darryl please! Stop it!" My mom cried out.

Everyone is screaming and I'm just on the floor crying...thinking that this is happening again. Luke helped me up and helped me to the bedroom.

"I'll go deal with them." He whispered with an angry face.

Luke's POV

I went back downstairs and saw Bridget's mom and dad talking with disappointed faces.

"She's uh- in the room. Can we get back to her questions without any distractions please?" I interrupted.

They both looked at me with sorry faces. Yeah, ok. Never forgiving you. I just noticed that Tracey is gone.

"Hey, what did I miss, mom?" A girl's voice said behind me.

Never mind. She was just in the bathroom.

"Ok, so I think that answered one of her questions. You guys adopted Tracey?" I said quickly.

"No. Tracey is our daughter. You see, that was our deal. I promised Darryl that we would have a child of our own. So that he would forget about Zoe." Her mom answered.

At least her dad didn't hear that.

"So, Tracey and Zoe are...step sisters?".....