Fight in the mind

"Well, look who came back finally. It was about time you showed up dork." Jealousy scowled, as Zach walked in rather angrily. "Having fun making friends?"

"He's not Zach's friend! Zach was pushing his self esteem down!" The other cat replied, only earning laughter. "Shut up it's not funny!"

"Shut up its not funny oooh!" Jealousy mocked, as Dark Gumball smirked, looking amused. "Geez, you really are a loser huh?"

"Zach is not a loser!" Too angry to even think, the cat stormed off, leaving the others laughing by the controls. Zach stomped down the area's passageways angrily, eventually sitting himself down, at least far enough away from the control room. He muttered his frustrations and anger towards what had happened, not aware of Gumball watching him from his cell a few feet away.

"Are you back to hurt me again or something?.. Its not as scary when you do it a second time to be honest."

"SHUT UP ZACH IS NOT IN THE MOOD!"

Gumball flinched by this response. "Okay okay sheesh. Did something happen or whatever while I'm stuck in here?"

"None of your business los-" Zach cut himself off, angrily crossing his arms as he stared at the ground. Almost out of character, tears could be seen streaming down his face, dripping onto the floor.

"..Dude?.." The normal feline was confused by this behavior, yet.. Sympathetic. "Um.. Look.. I know you tried to take over my body and tried to make me fade away, but.. I get it. You just wanna be accepted, right?"

"How do you know?" Zach looked up, staring at Gumball with a scowl. Though he looked surprised by this sudden talk. "You weren't laughed at and called a loser."

"Um, actually yeah. I have."

"Are you lying to Zach just to gain trust and escape?"

"No. Even if I did escape the other two would come after me." Gumball replied.

"Fine." Zach sighed, leaning back on the wall. "..Zach has to stay cool and nothing you losers are like. But its hard.."

He hugged his knees, looking more sad than angry. "They won't let Zach have feelings." Zach shifted his eyes back to the floor. "But that's Zach. Its not like Zach's original, Zach's just you but with a different personality."

"..Zach, listen."

The egotistical feline looked at Gumball with a raised eyebrow.

"..They're wrong. You aren't just another me, and.. You can be someone." Gumball said, leaning against the cell. "Look, I'll give you this. If you let me out of here, I can help you find who you wanna be. I promise."

"..Are you sure?..." Zach stood up, looking untrusting of this. Seeing the cat nod, he reluctantly agreed. "..Okay. Zach will help you."

He let Gumball out of the cell, at first worried that he'll be tricked. However, the other feline stood there, not running off from him or putting him in a trap. "..Why aren't you tricking Zach?"

"A promise is a promise dude, I'm not that much of a jerk to break it." The other responded, as Zach led him to the control room.

"Well.. Okay. But Zach doesn't entirely trust you yet."

"Fair enough. Let's just get there, okay?"

The two eventually found themselves at the entrance, and Gumball couldn't help but feel angry. He stormed into the room, quickly noticed by Jealousy and Dark Gumball.

"Look here you jerk! I'm not letting you take my body again or I'm gon-" The feline is quickly cut off, as he feels dark blue magic grab him by the throat, lifting him up as he struggled to breathe.