Take My Mind Off Things

"Hmm... you seem down."

"Huh?"

"You don't seem like yourself. Is something on your mind?"

"I... I just... miss Michiru..."

"Oh. Can't you visit her?"

"No. She's too busy."

Yachiyo wasn't the only one who was having problems with the distance. Shiori seemed to be struggling a lot too now. Yachiyo guessed Mei Fan might be feeling that way too.

Unfortunately it wasn't like there was much they could do to help. If Michiru was too busy, there was nothing else to do about it. It sucked.

"Well, there's really not much I can help you with." Yachiyo sighed.

"It's okay. Um... onee-chan invited me over for the weekend again. Do you um... maybe wanna come over too? I haven't gotten to ask Mei Fan yet."

Yachiyo shrugged, "Sure. Why not. Haven't seen any of them in ages either."

"Okay!" Shiori smiled.

At least that seemed to cheer her up a bit. It probably would do her well to see Fumi too. It may not be the same as seeing Michiru, but it was good enough for now.

Yachiyo wouldn't lie and say they weren't interested in seeing what the five Rinmeikan girls were getting up to as adults.

...

When the weekend arrived, the three of them found themselves at the house. Shiori had a spare key, so she let them all in.

"Hey, Shiori! You made it!" Ichie greeted them at the door.

"Ah. Ichie. It's nice to see you again." Shiori greeted her.

"And Yachiyo and Mei Fan!" Ichie smiled at the other two, "Welcome! Come in!"

Ichie seemed very excited to see them all, if the way she was bouncing around was any indication. She led them into the living room.

"You made it." Rui and Yuyuko were there.

Yuyuko was sleeping on Rui's lap. It seemed not much had changed since she graduated.

Yuyuko didn't stir despite the noise Ichie was making. She was probably used to it by now, so it didn't bother her.

"Hi." Shiori smiled at her, "Where are onee-chan and Tamao?"

"Went out shopping." Rui replied, "Wanted to make something for dinner but realized we don't have the ingredients for it."

"Oh. Well, I guess we can talk until they get back. I brought Yachiyo and Mei Fan along too." Shiori said.

"Come take a seat!" Ichie plopped herself down beside Rui.

The three students went ahead and found a place to sit. Shiori sat in the middle, Mei Fan and Yachiyo choosing a side.

"So, how's school going?" Ichie started the conversation.

"It's just busy." Shiori replied.

"Yeah... and there's some drama..." Yachiyo sighed, "Stupid rumors about something..."

"Is it about one of you guys?" Rui asked.

"No. It's about the school itself." Yachiyo replied.

"Rumors are always chaos." Ichie stated.

Rui gave her a side look. Ichie pouted at her.

"I'm guessing that means Ichie has done something with rumors before." Mei Fan commented.