-3-

As the water fills my lungs I try to swim to the top, and I was almost there until it dragged me back down. I could hear people calling my name but I didn't really pay attention as I was fighting for my life.

"If we distract it maybe it will let her go." Clarke frantically said. Everyone then started to push a rock into the water.

When they successfully pushed it in, it let me go. I was still under the water trying to swim. I started to see black dots until I was pulled out of the water. Gasping for air, I look to see Clarke bending down hugging me. "I told you, you shouldn't have come along" Clarke told me. "Well who would save Octavia then" I sarcastically say back.

"Wow, Nova...your blood.." Jasper starts. I look down to see blood gushing out of my leg. Clarke quickly rips a piece of Jaspers shirt and ties it around my leg.

"So are we not going to talk about the color of her blood". Monty says. I smile and look up at him, "What's there to talk about?" I say. "Well I mean it's black." He says.

"it's some sort of medical condition. The doctors don't really know why it's that color." I tell him.

"You saved my life." Octavia says as she throws her arms around me. "Well I have a habit of protecting others before me." I tell her.

"You'll be fine." Clarke comes to the conclusion after she finishes looking at my leg.

                                  -

We figured it would be best to sleep so we found a spot and we all laid down waiting for sleep to take over us.

                                  -

"You wanted to go first. Now quit stalling." Clarke yells up to Finn as he pulled on the vine. We figured it would be best if we swing across the river. For you know, safety purposes.

Right before Finn was about to swing across, Jasper yells "wait." and says something to Finn that I couldn't bother listening to. "Guys hurry up I wanna go." I say, thinking about how fun it would be to swing across.

Before I knew it Jasper had a hold of the vine and said "See you on the other side" and Swung across. "Woooo go Jasper!" I yelled.

"We are apogee!" He yelled from the other side once he stood up.

"Yeah!" We all yelled together.

"Come on Clarkey your next." I told her. "Yeah Mount Weather!" Jasper yelled from the other side holding up a sign that said "Mount Weather" on it.

And just before Clarke was about to swing across. A spear was placed in Jaspers chest.

"Oh my god!" I screamed. "Jasper!". And before I know it I was pulled behind a rock by Octavia. I look over to Clarke and we say at the same time "we're not alone.".

                                 -

We were running through the woods trying to get back to camp when all of a sudden Monty fell. "Monty come on we gotta go." I tell him, but he  just stayed frozen in spot. I looked down in front of him to see bones. "Holy shit." I say.

"Who are they?" Finn says. "This really isn't a way to greet your new neighbors." I murmur.

" more like what are they?" Clarke says ignoring what I said, looking at the skull in her hand.

"We are so screwed." Octavia says. Then we hear Jasper scream. "Jasper!" I yell, running (at least trying to with my hurt leg) as fast as I can in the direction we came from. "Nova wait!" Clarke yells.

As soon as they catch up to me Finn grabs me and says "stay out of the trees.".

"Every where I turn there are trees Finn!" I yell at him. I then look forward to see Jasper gone. "What? I don't understand, he was right there?" I say confused.

"Where is he?" Monty questions. "They took him." Clarke says.

                                  -

As we approach camp, I hear Clarke yell "Wells let him go." And I look up to see Wells holding a knife against Murphy's neck.

As Wells shoves Murphy to the ground he comes running up to me and embraces me in a hug asking me if I'm ok. "Oh you know we had the best time. We went for a nice picnic and I almost got killed by a giant water snake." I tell him sarcastically. He lightly laughs at me because even though I'm injured I still find a way to sass him.

"Where's the food?" Bellamy questions. I look over to see his eyes quickly dart to my leg and then back to Clarke. "We didn't make it to Mount Weather." Finn says

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy asks. "We were attacked." I say speaking up for the first time.
"Attacked? by what?" Wells questions me.

"Not what. who." Finn says.
"Yeah and it turns out their not so friendly." I say to myself, but Clarke over heard sending me a brief smile.

"It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the ark, he wasn't the last grounder." Finn says

"It's true." Clarke says. "Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Clarke goes on.

"Yeah the bad news is the grounders will." Finn says after her.

"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells questions.
"His name is Jasper." I tell him with an annoyed tone.
"Jasper was hit. They took him." Clarke tells him. She then looks down at his wristband and sees he doesn't have his wristband. "Where's your wristband?" She yells at him.

"Ask him." He says looking toward Bellamy. "How many?" Clarke asks.
"24 and counting." Murphy responds for him.

"Come on John your better than that." I tell him with a bit of anger.

"You idiots. Life support on the ark is failing." Clarke tells everyone. "Well there goes the big secret." I murmur.

"That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristbands, you're not just killing them. You're killing us!" Clarke yells out to everybody.

"We're stronger than you think." Bellamy starts to say but doesn't get to far as I cut him off.

"Are we?" I ask.
"How many of you know how to make a fire? Or hunt for food, or even defend yourselves? We need their help, and yeah, some of you might have payed attention to Pikes shitty classes, but that can only get you so far."

"I also know that a lot of you have family up there that you would hopefully like to see again!" I yell.

"we're just a bunch of kids! How long do you really think we are going to last?" I tell them.

You could see that my speech got to them and most of them look guilty.

"Don't listen to her, she's one of the privileged." Bellamy yells. "If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore!"

"They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say your not criminals. You're fighters, survivors! The grounders should worry about us!" Bellamy finishes.

"There is no us Bellamy." I tell him.
"Aren't you the one that was training on the ark to be a member of the guard?" I say already knowing the answer. "He doesn't know anything about being a prisoner!" I yell, before limping away with Clarke and Monty.

"What do we do now?" Monty questions. "Now we go after Jasper." Clarke says back.

So here's the thing. I'm not gonna put Nova with Clarke because I want her to be with Lexa. So at the moment she'll be with nobody until I find her someone to be with. Also should I make another character and if so, should it be a grounder?