[XXII] ISAIAH

On their arrival back to the Wolves' den, upon taking the elevator up to the engineering garage, an unhappy Viktoriya was standing in her pyjamas ready to catch the crew. It seemed like she received word of some of the events, likely Bruna relaying to her the information along with news broadcasts relaying late night information on the sudden activity of the Veverg that caused high tides on the outskirts of Haven, but nothing catastrophic. The young woman eyed the three before speaking,

"Why do you guys have your pants tucked into your shoes like a bunch of weirdos?"

Isaiah looked down and sure enough, his clothes were still tucked in and dirtied from their little mission. When he looked back up Viktoriya was yawning and spoke,

"I literally specifically said that this wasn't supposed to be a combat mission. I took a bath, did a face mask, drank some tea and everything. I was about to sleep so good, What the hell even happened?"

Viktoriya was the last person to issue a curse word in most situations, so hearing it come from her mouth in that moment almost took away from the seriousness in her voice. Isaiah looked to Bruna, she was the one handling the secrecy of the cure for Vicky, but from here on, there was something much larger to discuss that would have to be documented. The woman spoke,

"Sorry about this Vicky. We actually have a lot to talk about, sorry to keep you up. Can we head to a debriefing room?"

The young woman raised an eyebrow at the austerity coming from Bruna and likely also the request to debrief officially coming from a team member, as it was mutually agreed that everyone hated debriefs. However, she silently obliged and waved for them to follow her into a room where the four of them sat and told her everything as she documented the account.

By the end of the informational, Viktoriya was done writing and simply stared forward with her head in her hands at the flood of information coming from the three. Eventually she spoke,

"So Isaiah has a daughter with the leader of the Exemplars, the first of three Veverg has been activated and rose out of the ocean into the sky, there is a stage four to the Stigmata that turns you into a super monster because the Quvali assimilate you. Otherwise everything went off without a hitch. That's amazing. I thought the world already ended, how much worse could it get?"

Isaiah thought to himself that what she said is something that should not be asked, because the universe would always answer with a huge middle finger that grew forever longer. From there he turned to Sage and asked her,

"Sage. What exactly did we see in there? What's the story behind the Veverg and the Quvali? What were those words you were saying?"

The woman turned to Isaiah with a blank expression which slowly morphed to one of concern, sorrow even. She fiddled with the hem of her shirt, untucking it slowly and balling her fists into it before she spoke,

"The Quvali are a plague. They came to the world of the Veverg thousands of years ago from nothingness. It was the same as Earth in a way. Life went on peacefully until one fateful day, an enormous asteroid crashed into our homeworld, wiping out half of the population on our small planet. After which, the parasites released and assimilated every Vevergian they could come into contact with. Everyone turned into monsters, devouring anything in their path as they searched for something unknown. Our ancestors evacuated the planet before building a device to take the Quvali hive, their asteroid, and trap all the remaining parasites within. From there, we learned of a collision happening between your planet and another, in which debris began becoming trapped by your planet's gravity. We placed the Hive into this gathering debris which eventually formed itself into your moon. After purging our home of the Quvali, we destroyed the creatures left on it and rebuilt our world, swearing to ourselves to find a way to permanently rid the threat. However, we did not plan for the humans to mistakenly release the Quvali in your war before I was sent to retrieve the Hive. On top of that, we did not plan for my three machines to malfunction on the way to your moon and mistakenly land on this planet."