Chapter 9: A Danger in the wind...[Edited 04/03/2021]

Song list:

1.Bird Song by Florence and the machine

2.Cosmo Sheldrake - Come Along

3.Weathers - C'est La Vie

4.Trouble by Valerie Broussard

5.In This Moment - "Half God Half Devil" [Play near sneak peek]

Recap:

Demetri, who was standing by the bonfire and after seeing Raphael's body is burned completely. He takes a moment to reflect only to realize something. His Mira.

He turns frantically looking for someone he had been yearning to meet. Then pauses before he lets a sigh of relief. When a short figure followed by a larger figure emerged from the woods. Standing on a small hill, which Demetri sped to, The figure of Tiberius came out first, the young man looked relieved as he walked out. Soon the small figure followed quickly behind him. Rosie...or Mira as she also was called. His Rosie, Demetri smiled; he seemed relieved as he saw her face. She looked around then paused when she saw his face. Her face held a relieved expression and soft smile as she looked at him.

Tiberius left them to give the two of them space. He ran over to the side of the field where everyone had gathered after to celebrate the victory. Although a few of the lower guards were looking in the woods for any strays or adding wood to the burning piles of bodies. River walked away from the Volturi slightly, looking around before her eyes went to what she was looking for. Tiberius, who ran towards them, with a wide smile. River laughed before running towards Tiberius leaping into his arms. He swung river around which was easy.

The Two of them wrapped, their arms around each other celebrating the victory. After a moment, they released their grip on each other turning to face Mira who was slowly walking up to Demetri who was just staring at Mira in disbelief. Mira had turned to look around then she realized something, this was her vision. She had before they arrived in forks. She heard him walk in front of her...she breathed a sigh of relief. The sky was turning a yellow-orange color. She turned back to him as she felt the reality of her vision.

She stood on a hill overlooking a sunset she turned to the man she had been waiting for. Demetri, his bright red eyes, has almost a sparkle in them. He had a warm smile as he gently grabbed her hand and placed them into his. He pulled her close, his noses almost touching. He whisperers,'' Finally''.As he stares lovingly into her eyes.

Her heart fluttered, she smiled and the two of them gazed into each other's eyes. For the first time, in a long time both felt something they never would experience. A sense of peace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End scene...

Two lone figures watched from a nearby mountain. A Man and woman immortal who looked bitterly at the carnage below, the battle had finished and they had lost. Well, Raphael had lost, their creator the two vampires turned to each other with grim faces which morphed to hatred. This was far from over...this was... just the beginning for them. They would seek their vengeance.

They both sped away from the mountain and the state of Washington to plot and wait patiently for their movement to strike. Because in the chaos it seems even Mira and the others forgot about two very dangerous newborns.

...................................................................................................

Atticus and Grace.