Parents

The Ocean Guardian

I smile as Falon walks in. "So? How did she respond?" He became red as a tomato.

"It... went well." He tries to smile but he completely fails.

I laugh. "Love changes a person beyond measure"

"What does that mean?" He peered at me. I just smile again. "Anyways, I have a question... regarding my parents"

"Oh?" I am surprised, for he has never mentioned his parents before. "Praytell, what are your questions?"

"Well... Who were they, what did they look like?" Falon's eyes were filled with pain. "Why did you take me away from them?"

I close my eyes and breathe deeply. "I didn't know your mother, but I knew your father. He looks a lot like you, but he's taller, has broader shoulders, and he was often arrogant. As for why I took you... Darek was becoming overcome by grief. He would have joined the army anyway, so I took you for protection."

"Am I that arrogant?" My eyes open quickly. Darek is standing in front of me.

"Darek? I thought you said to come later." I sigh. "Well I have some explaining to do"

"After you took Falon, my heart broke. I joined the Navy to take my mind off things... and people..." His eyes went down and only then did realize his hands were tied. I glanced at Falon.

"He is from the other side of the island." He explained, pain once again in his eyes.

"Ah, but why?" I looked inquiringly at Darek. "Why did you go to the other side? From what I can tell of your mind, you were a friend of Rehan before you crashed." Darek looked down.

"They took me... I tried to go with Rehan but they grabbed me and forced me to go with them. The hurt that I saw in his eyes made my heart clench at the moment..." He fell silent then.

"You should go. It is late, and Phaedra will be wondering where you are." He becomes red again and I smirk.

"Alright. I'll see you later then?" He has become a regular color again

"Later." Falon walks out and I smirk again. "I love playing with him." I sigh and recede farther into my cave.