Secrets Unfold

Arya

I walked around the village, still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Rehan's kid communicated with the beast that killed over 70 percent of my species population. Without even realizing it, I had walked over to Rehan's hut. I decided to go talk to him. I knocked once. No one answered. I opened the door and raised an eyebrow, smirking. "Oh ho ho."

Rehan was sitting on Arron's lap, another person from the ship. He was close to Arron's face, and a bit red. He spun around.

"Arya?! What are you doing here...?" He was much redder now.

"I was just passing by, but I can leave if you want." I grinned.

"I-it's fine, you can stay." I chuckled and walked in, closing the door. Rehan never stammered. Aaron was embarrassed too. I went and sat on a carved stool.

"So, how long have you two been together?" I was still grinning, which earned me a heated glare from Rehan, who was now sitting beside Arron.

"About a week.." Arron replied softly. Arron was the kind of guy who didn't talk much, but he was more of a team player than you'd expect.

"Hm. Have you thought about at least telling your kids, Rehan?" I glanced at him. He sighed.

"I might, but only when I'm ready... I- I don't want them to hate me.." He closed his eyes and laid back.

"They would never hate you. They're your kids for crying out loud! Besides, I support you guys no matter what. I mean, I'm pansexual, so this isn't anything new to me." I got up and forced them both to hug me. "Group hugs are the best hugs, so we're having one right now."

It had been about an hour after I found out about Rehan's little secret, and I was looking for people to help or just hang out with around the village when I ran into Jolono. We stared at each other awkwardly for a moment before he sighed.

"I- I sorry about earlier. If I had known I wouldn't have just blatantly mentioned her like that." I could tell he was sincere, so I walked up to him and hugged him.

"It's fine, I just was unprepared for it." I released him from the hug, and put my arm around his shoulder. "I want to show you something since you're Rehan's kid and I feel like I can trust you." I walked him to my small cave, much like my brother's, the "Ocean Guardian" as he called himself. This cave's only difference was much larger, and long and deep scratch marks on the walls.

"What is this place?" Jolono stared around in awe at the size of the cave.

"This is my home. Only you and Rehan know about it." Jolono had walked over to one of the scratches

"What made these? It looks like something huge made these, but the cave entrance isn't nearly big enough." He traced his hand along the deep gash in the cavern wall.

"You're smart. Your father made almost the same moment." I walked over as well "As for the gashes... Those were made by an extremely powerful creature. But that's not what I wanted to show you." I closed my eyes and slowly let out my wings. I heard Jolono gasp. I spread them wide, almost ten feet. I opened my eyes and smirked. "You now know what I am." My wings burst into flames. "A FlameWing Dragon Shifter.''