Chapter 1.2

°INSERT TWO°

KZN, Durban
King Shaka international Airport

"Don't forget to call us when you land"

"Zander don't be silly, what if the poor girl is tired"

"Ugh, you're right but you should call us as soon as you can"

Alyssa smiles brightly "I will" she says with a nod of her head just as a voice blares through the whole airport reminding them that she needs to get on the plane.

"Okay honey, we'll wire you some money every mon-" her dad begins but she cuts him off with a shake of her head.

"Dad, I got a full scholarship, you don't need to send me money. The reason I applied for a scholarship in the first place was to save money" she tries to convince them.

I know that my parents have been planning to start their own business and I feel like I've been getting in the way of that. I'm not speaking from experience but rather observation but I know that raising a child, more so a teenager, is not cheap.

"Well you'll still need spare money to spend on yourself, you've worked so hard to get this scholarship so you deserve it"  Her Papa ruffles her hair, messing it up on purpose

"Nooo, stop, you're ruining my hair" she complains with a light giggle as she tries to fix her hair
"and what if I spend that money on drugs and alcohol" she asks smugly

"We'll fly over to Spain ourselves and bring you back home to ground you until you're 25" Zander tries to act serious but Alyssa could sense the humor in his words.

"You guys are such bad parents" she jokingly replies as she puts her arms around both of them, hugging them tightly trying to savour their scent "I love you so much"

"We know sweetie,now go before we decide to keep you here" Mike, her dad says as he tries to hold back his own tears.

She nods and grabs her backpack and the small stuffed bunny that her parents bought for her as a goodbye gift. They named the bunny Kookie, short for Jungkook since Mike and Zander are die hard BTS stans making Alyssa grow up to love the boyband.

They also bought matching necklaces with the first letter of their names inside a rose gold heart. they shouldn't be spending so much money on me.
She thinks as she looks at the small black and white animal with brown beady eyes.

Alyssa looks up at her parents who are now embraced in each other, Mike's arms around Zander's waist and Zander's arm slung over Mike's shoulder. I'm gonna miss them more.

"Okay bye guys" she starts to back away, also trying to stop herself from crying.

"Don't forget to call, okay sweetheart?" Her dad reminds her and she replies with a nod and one final wave as she turns around and heads towards the entrance.

"We love you Alyssa!" Mike and Zander yell from the distance and a stray tear rolls down her cheek.
Just don't look back Alyssa.

(Thank you for reading😝✨
Such a mess😶)