Chapter 3

The sound coming from his throat was low and guttural, the whole atmosphere around him shifting one hundred and eighty degrees as what I had said sunk in, I kept my features hard. "What did you just say." His voice was low, his whole six foot frame shaking in anger. "I said she's dead, she-" I was cut off as a force around my throat slammed me against the building wall, choking the life out of me. He was growling something but I couldn't hear it, his grip was so hard that I started to feel slightly light headed but I didn't- wasn't going to show any fear, nor was I going to fight.

I don't know how long we stood there before he let go, my lungs instantly, greedily filling with air as I slid down the wall trying to gather myself. "Don't cross me again rogue and don't ever talk about her, this is your first and last warning." He gave me one more fleeting glare before turning his back and heading back to the training field.

"He nearly killed me." I whimpered when I knew he had gone, still frozen in place. My legs had long ago gotten sore from crouching for so long but the shock at the hatred in his eyes had done something, mentally I was screaming at myself to go back inside but it was if something had snapped.

My mate had tried to kill me.

And I let him.

My hands clasped at where his had been around my throat only minutes ago.

'He has no right'

       The voice inside whispered and my wolf whimpered in agreement. He didn't have any right, he hadn't been there, he hadn't seen the destruction, the murder. My wolf growled at the memory, the day she was born.

'We were born to protect.'

       I instinctively clutched my head at the passing voice, this had been the first time in years I had heard her, nothing I did before opened that line of communication so why now....

      'Savannah!' Silas's sudden voice echoed through my head making me roll my eyes as I gathered and dusted myself off.

'what is it' 'Come back upstairs, the whole pack felt what ever just happened.'

       "Are you going to tell me the truth Savannah?" His arm's where crossed and is back to me, but I could tell he was angry, his whole body was tense and ridged. "I stared into the open flame in the fire place feeling like a disciplined child. "What do you think happened?" "Our pack connection was cut off, it might have only been for a few fleeting seconds but Sav-" He trailed off as he turned, the pain on his face evident and I knew what he was scared about.

No Alpha

No Pack

Hundreds of already broken wolves would go rogue

I was the glue, the only link which was holding everybody together.

       "I am sorry Silas, I really didn't think-" I trailed off, pain erupting through my body at the memory of him strangling me. Automatically I straightened my spine, bristling at the memory. "It won't happen again Silas, believe me."