Chapter 1

I waited patiently while a few members of my pack checked every other room in my apartment, rolling my eyes as they carelessly flung open doors and carelessly knocked things over. "I'm telling you Silas, she was alone, there was no other scent on her, pack or otherwise." "I know Savannah, but we need to be careful, nobody on the outside knows anything about us yet she somehow broke in while you were asleep, to me this smells like we have a rat." I knew that he was right, everything he did was to protect me since I saved him and Selena from hunters just after my second shift had finished, still weak and exhausted but something inside of me had snapped that day. 

       Now he was like a protective older brother, that was the only way to describe my loyal Beta, even if he was only a few months older than myself. 

       Gradually after all guards where done with their individual rooms I raised a brow at him. "Happy now?" I tilted my head pulling a face, he met my grimace with one of his own. "Ecstatic Alpha."

        "So now that everyone is awake, what is happening today?" I asked after everyone had left, Silas crossed his arms. "The new pack is coming today, are you sure about not wanting to meet them Sav?" This is something I knew that he didn't approve of, to everybody in the outside world I was known as a-

'monster'

'demon'

'Blood Alpha'

      People thought that we killed aimlessly, that we where the worse of the worse. Granted our pack wasn't perfect but to all of us it was our own personal heaven, made from blood, sweat and tears that rogues could join when they couldn't join any other packs, the council couldn't even touch us unlike other packs because we weren't registered. There have been many stipulations about why an Alpha would create a pack like this one, from being an uncontrollable beast to a blood thirsty monster, better they think that than know the truth.

       Werewolves in fact where incredibly sexist, to them the Alpha would be the oldest son of the previous Alpha, or if not their daughters mate. After the massacre at my previous pack though, after my father had died it only took seconds before my second transition took place, the transition into an Alpha. To any other wolf it would have taken hours of intolerable pain, but to me I used to fight the rouges, they couldn't hurt me as much as I had already been hurting, it was my advantage.

       So that's why, the fact that I'm a female couldn't leave the pack, every member sworn to secrecy, if others knew.... "Earth to Savannah." "Hmm?" I looked up from the kitchen table, so lost in thought. "Are you sure about not wanting to be involved??" I sighed, he thought that I would be strong enough once the world found out the truth, that I was a female strong successful female, but I wasn't. In fact it was the furthest thing from the truth. "I'll be around, mind link the others and tell them not to call me Alpha while they're here, you know the drill Silas." I stood to leave, but before I could take a step he took my hand in his own. "At least make an appearance Alpha." "I'll think about it Silas."

       Later that day I sat on the grass near the entrance to the pack house, soaking in the sun waiting for the new pack to arrive, although I had wanted nothing to do with what was happening I still couldn't help but be curious, I trusted Silas enough to keep everything under control, but I also liked to watch from the side lines, after all this was my pack. Too soon a sleek black car pulled to a stop just outside of the entrance and a tall, burly man stepped out accompanied by two smaller yet just as toned guards. I watched as he took a breath in before running his hand through his brown shortly cropped hair. He was good looking enough but even from here he didn't look like he had enough authority to be an Alpha, after the first transition, when we become wolves our immune system improves, our skin becomes softer and we gain a lot more muscle. But during the second, not many survive, especially girls. I shudder remembering the pain.