Chapter 2

The first thing I could sense as my eyes flickered open way the cool midnight breeze, next came the scent of pine. I winced not quite recognizing any of my surroundings. My whole body felt extremely sensitive, bruised and as I tried to get to my feet a gave out a yelp, only now noticing through the mud and fallen eaves caked onto my body was a bite mark on my lower left calf. "What the fuck did you do?" I could stop the words slipping out before I covered my mouth. Luckily to my benefit it was still dark outside so gathering myself I headed North, back to the pack house.

       "Okay talk Sav." Silas snapped eyeing me as I laid on the pack medical bed. Luckily I had managed to sneak in without anyone being any the wiser, only to find Silas sitting on my bed in the dark, about to explode until i turned on the light and he saw my disheveled look. "I really don't know what to say, I woke up yesterday evening and the transformation had already started, there was nothing I could do." "And do you remember anything from last night?" I shook my head. "God dam it Savannah, there's a chunk of your leg missing...." "I know alright, you've made your point now please go and get the doctor before these dam chemicals dull my senses, everything smells too sterile."

       "Don't you get snappy at me, look, you should know that the other Alpha is here and-" "Sure Silas, thanks for letting me know." He cleared his throat in warning. "As I was saying, and last night they ran into a problem." I had been staring at a wall but at this my eyes snapped to his. "What kind of problem?" "Last night they ran into a feral, nearly died until a white wolf apparently save them." "She.... she saved them?" "Apparently so before running off wounded." His gaze fell to my leg. "And what did you tell them Silas?" I probed tucking back a strand of white hair behind my ear. "I told them that you're the Alpha's sister, they want to thank you properly."

"No."

       "There we go as good as new now Alpha, now that the stitches are in and it's clean it should only take a few days to heal, just no strenuous activates or getting it wet for the next three days." The pack doctor said giving me a kind smile. I bit my lip and smoothed out my hospital gown. "What about boxing?" I asked receiving a growl from Silas. "Are you kidding me right now Sav! You where attacked only a few hours ago and you're asking about boxing!" "I need to let out my stress!" "God dam you." 

       It was in that moment I smelt it, the scent of pine and sandalwood, a scent that I had long ago thought that I would never smell again. As the little doctor hurriedly left the room a six foot four figure shut the door behind himself. "Alpha." Silas quickly bowed his head, only now sensing his presence. The man stood straight, squaring his shoulders before suddenly become tense. "Alpha Sebastian let me introduce you to-" "Sarah, the alpha's sister." I cut in, wide eyed before Silas could finish.

       On any other day I would have thought this exchange would be funny, Silas still in his flannel pajamas, hair disheveled and a look of pure exhaustion written all over his face from not getting any sleep, and myself looking like something from the exorcist. But as those familiar jade blue eyes met my own I froze.

xxx

       'No Sebby don't go.' Eight year old me begged refusing to let go of his hand. Nine year old Seb smiled sadly down at playing with my long brown ringlets of hair. 'Don't worry Sav, mum will let you come round tomorrow.' 'Do you promise Sebby?' I couldn't stop my lower lip from quivering as I gazed up at him. 'I promise Sav'

xxx

       I tiptoed over my bedroom floor boards carefully to make sure I wouldn't wake my sleeping parents in the next room, they would be furious at finding Sebby in my room this late at night. Meekly I opened it slowly to make as little noise as possible. 'Are they asleep?' Fifteen year old Sebby asked smiling at me from the tree next to my window. God he had always been gorgeous, straight upturned nose, pink kissable lips, jaded blue eye's with a mop of black hair, he was the definition of a teenage girls crush. 'Yes, now hurry up before I lock you out.' I hissed back, not being able to help the small smirk pressing on my lips. Effortlessly he jumped from the tree and through my window. 'Not long left till your change.' I pointed out as he sat on my bed. 'Actually that's why I'm here, I need to talk to you about  something Sav.' I frowned.