Dia and Platina (CommonerShipping)

Dia stuffed the last potato chip into his mouth and stared intently at the T.V. The News channel was on.

Platina, Dia's secret crush, was on her way to battling the Elite Four and Dia wanted to watch every last second of her battle.

She was fiercely batting Gastrodon which Cynthia, the Champion, owned. "Empoleon! Surf!"

Dia reached out for another packet of chips nervously. Platina was down to her fourth pokemon while Cynthia had three left.

Soon, the battle was over. Whooping in joy, Platina was named the new Champion of Sinnoh! Dia threw his packet of chips into the air. "YEAH!" he shouted. "PLATINA!!!!!"

Pearl  cheered. "Wow, WHAT AN AMAZING BATTLE!"

"I know, right?!!!"

Both of them watched as Platina climbed on her Rapidash and rode away while her fans cheered on. Dia leaned back with a sigh. "Wonder where she's going next?"

Pearl shrugged. "She didn't tell us. But can you believe it? Our friend's the CHAMPION OF SINNOH!"

Dia's cell phone rang.

"Huh?" the call was from Platina. "H-hey, Plat..."

"Dia! Can you believe it?!"

"That was an amazing battle, Plat! Simply amazing! So, when're you comin' home?"

"Today."

"HUH?!"

"Yup, today. Thanks for all your support! Tell Pearl, too!"

"Y-you're welcome. 'Bye."

He pocketed the phone. "She's coming home today."

Pearl grinned. "Awesome! You thinkin' what I'm thinking?"

"Food?"

"No, a surprise party!"

"Yeah!"

----an hour later-----

Platinum rode into Dia's lawn with her Rapidash. The house was silent. Strange, she had told Dia she was coming...

She climbed off and returned Rapidash. She slowly walked towards the house. She stopped before the front door, keeping her emotions down. She so badly wanted to see Dia and...well, Pearl, but not as much as Dia.

She knocked. The sound echoed through the house.

She pushed at the door and, to her surprise, it swung open. Strange.

The house was dark. She took one, two steps forward and.......

"SURPRISE!" a chorus of voices yelled. 

The lights flew on. Half of Twinleaf was assembled in front of her, cheerfully grinning at her while a banner with her name winked at her from the ceiling, but she couldn't focus on them. She only saw a blushing figure, Diamond.......

"P-pla-plati-" he stammered out. "Umm, er, great job, and, er, welcome back, and......" he broke off.

Platina wrapped him in a hug, doing the same with Pearl. "Missed you guys, she whispered, lightly brushing her lips against Dia's cheek.  

Dia stared at her in undisguised awe.

"Thank you, everyone," she whispered shyly. 

------another hour later--------------

Platina and Dia leaned against each other on the shore of Lake Verity. This was the undoubtedly the greatest day in Dia's life, even better than when he blew his dad's credit card at the food court.

Platina had-sort of-kissed him! His heart, even now, was racing with joy. 

Pearl had wisely kept away, knowing they wanted some privacy.

"So, how was it?" Dia asked.

"The journey? It was OK."

"Oh. Uh, cool!" Dia replied, splashing his legs in the water. "So...I got you something."

He rummaged in his back and pulled out a small black box. He opened it.

Inside was the most beautiful thing Platinum had ever seen in her life...a necklace made of solid platinum, glinting in the sunlight.

"For you," he said shyly.

Platinum stared in awe at the necklace. "Its...its beautiful! I love it! Thank you so much!"

Dia blushed madly. "It...its nothing. I mined this out and crafted it myself! I got some help from a miner in Oreburgh and a crafter in the Mining Museum to get this done. Hope...hope you like it!"

"I love it! Thank you, Diamond." She leaned over and kissed him. On the lips. Dia blushed again.

"I-I missed you," he whispered.

"So did I." She carressed his cheek. "I missed you so much, Dia..."