6

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

It was supposed to be a normal Monday for Miya Osamu.

He had to wake up his annoying twin from his deep sleep. He gladly ate breakfast and savoured his meal. He walked to school with his brother and attended their dreaded morning volleyball practice. He teased his teammates alongside his best friend Suna, and conversed with his other close friend Ginjima. He was scolded by his diligent captain, Kita, and even got made fun of by Atsumu and Aran. Most of all, however, he looked forward to the letter and treats that rested atop his desk each Monday.

It was supposed to be a normal Monday for Miya Osamu, but instead of the usual sight of the treats on his desk, he saw you struggling to break free from a classmate while carrying a bag of sweets.

He watched as your eyes went from anger and annoyance to fear and anxiousness when they met his. Sasaki, the classmate holding her arm and keeping her from leaving, could only smirk at the sight of your face. She dropped your hand and feigned an innocent, concerned expression before saying, "Osamu-kun! I saw her trying to put sweets on your desk. She's the girl who's identity you wanted to know, right?"

She beamed, waiting for Osamu's thankful reaction and for his heart to be hers. Osamu, however, pushed past her and went straight to you. You watched in horror as the boy you've liked for over a year slowly made his way towards you, now knowing the feelings you kept hidden. His face was neutral, his eyes were blank and it looked as if there were no thoughts inside his head, but the only thing he was thinking was how he wanted to thank you, and get to know you more.

Osamu thought that since he knows who his admirer is, then he could finally learn more about her. He was excited to know more about the girl who's been baking him treats for the past couple of weeks.

On the other hand, you didn't feel ready to truly confess your feelings for Osamu. When you woke up this morning, you had no clue your feelings would be revealed. It all felt too sudden for you. Suna, Sasaki and Osamu's eyes were all fixated on you, eager to see what you do now.

You chose to run from the classroom, accidentally letting the bag of sweets and letter fall to the ground. They hit tiles with a small thud, crushing the delicate cupcakes inside. The letter, still intact, was picked up by Sasaki and used as a fan for her face.

Osamu stood there in shock, unsure of whether to chase after you or not. Suna tried to stay as quiet as possible and not to affect the situation further. Sasaki continued to stand there, fanning her face, until the envelope creased and ripped.

In the second the letter ripped, Osamu decided to chase after you. Sasaki, who felt confident in her plan to expose you, was not expecting the foodie to chase after you. According to her fictitious scenario, this is the part where he would fall head over heels in love with her. She decided to run after him and try to get more attention, but was stopped by Suna before she could leave the classroom.

"You really are stupid huh," Suna says to her, as he picks up the dropped bag of sweets and the ripped letter, "Osamu wanted his admirer to reveal her identity herself. If you were eavesdropping, like I'm sure you were, then you would know this. He's never gonna look your way again."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Osamu rushes through the crowded hallways, hoping to at least see a glimpse of you. Honestly, he wasn't even sure why he was doing this. Now that he knew your identity he could give his thanks any time he wanted, but he felt that if he didn't say something now, he would never be able to say anything to you again.

Finally, he saw you. You were heading to an empty, quiet part of the school, designated for studying. It's a place you've come to many times when you needed to think. He sees you take a seat at one of the tables and starts to head over there. The seating in this area is designed to lock out any outside distractions, so each individual area has translucent walls separating it from other areas. It's very effective when studying, but not so much when trying to talk to someone.

Osamu takes a seat in front of you as stealthily as possible. He notices your head facing down, and wonders what he should say. With the wall separating the two of you, he felt that while it was more inconvenient, it would be less awkward, and help you feel more comfortable. So, even though he was unsure of what to say, Osamu started talking.

"Hey, it's me, Osamu," he starts. He notices your head move up, and sees your blurry features through the semi transparent wall. "Please don't leave, there's some things I wanna say."

He notices your head nod and continues talking.

"I wanted to say thank you," he smiles, "I genuinely looked forward to your letters and treats each week. If I'm being honest, they made Mondays less unbearable. So, once again, I just wanted to give my thanks, and I hope to get to know you some more. Maybe now you can teach me to cartwheel."

"I'm sorry."

"Wait, you shouldn't be sorry. What happened?" Osamu asks.

"This isn't how I wanted to do this, I can't do this. I'm not ready, I'm sorry," you cry out.

Osamu notices you starting to leave, and frantically tries to come up with something. He didn't want to lose his admirer after he finally figured out who it was.

"I was just joking about the cartwheel thing," he laughs, "You don't have to be sorry, I really enjoyed the treats and letters."

Your silence starts to scare him. Osamu knew that this definitely wasn't the situation you wanted, but a small part of his heart wished that you would overcome it and talk to him.

"If you want to pretend this morning never happened, I can do that too," Osamu mentions quietly. He notices your head quickly perk up and that small part in his heart shatters.

"Would you really do that?" you ask timidly.

"If that's what you want, I'll do it."

"Thank you Osamu."