Chapter 1

{alright guys I am super, super excited to start this fanfic, and I really hope you like it! If you're looking for something completed to read, check out Floor Three, my finished Harry fanfic, and keep on the lookout for a new Niall fic coming up! Enjoy}

Madison's POV:

"He loved you so much," Niall says to me as we stand in front of the open box, "I bet he still does."

I smile, tears pricking my eyes for the 5th or 6th time today. I don't remember. I lost count. "I loved him," I reply, running my hand across the lacquered wood, "I always will. I miss him so badly.

Niall smiles sadly and wipes his eyes, "He lived a good life, Madison. He had you, and the girls, and he had us boys. It was his time. He wouldn't want you to miss him. He'd want you to be happy."

I sigh and clasp my old, weary hands together, closing my eyes tightly to keep from falling apart again. I feel Niall's hand around my shoulder, and I lean my head on his.

"I'm going to miss him, too," he says, his voice strained and sorrowful. He looks at me, his wrinkled cheeks shining with tears, "I have something that he wanted to give you."

Niall leads me to a nearby couch and helps me sit down. He pulls a small, brown box out of his jacket pocket and hands it to me. "He gave it to me a couple months ago," Niall says, clearing his throat, "Told me that I needed to give it to you once he was gone. I guess that's now."

I smile weakly at him and look down at the box in my lap. The last thing I will ever get from him. My hands shake as I pull the lid off, and my vision blurs with tears as I peer down at the contents inside. Out of the box, I pull a small, folded picture, and open it.

"Oh my," I whisper, tears spilling down my cheeks and my mouth spreading into a smile. In my hands is a picture of a younger, college aged me, with long, dark blonde hair and tan skin. The picture is snapped of me laughing, my mouth wide open and my eyes closed. "I remember this. He took this. It's the first picture he ever took of me."

Niall smiles and laughs, "He never did stop taking pictures did he?"

"Not until he was bed ridden," I smile bitterly, touching the old picture with my finger tips, careful not to damage it.

"There's something written on the back," Niall remarks, and I turn the picture over.

I gasp and nearly drop the treasured paper. My hand flies up to my mouth and I let out a sob. Niall immediately begins rubbing my back, trying to calm me down.

"What's wrong, love?" he asks frantically, as tears stream down my cheeks.

"He remembered," I cry, "Harry remembered."

{So, I'm using a different sort of concept with this fanfic. I hope you like it, and don't worry. It won't be as sad as this the entire time :))))

thank you so so much for reading ily

ps: ily madison and I'm so excited to write this it's gonna be so cute skmsmsmsmsm}