Chapter 17

{I'm sorry I haven't updated in like 2 days I suck jejsjje}

Harry's POV:

And there were more dates. Many more dates. Over the next month, Madison and I went on 5 dates, and counting. I'm getting ready for the 6th date now, when Liam says something that hits me. Really hits me.

"So, why isn't she your girlfriend yet?"

I stop butting my shirt and turn around to look at him, "Well... I don't know, really."

He laughs and tosses his small rubber ball into the air, "You sure are a loser."

"Nuh uh!" I argue, buttoning one more button, then deciding to unbutton it again. I pause for a second, just thinking, "I'm not a loser, am I?"

He sits up and arches an eyebrow at me, "I have never seen you so nervous to be dating a girl, mate. It's usually so easy for you!"

I plop down on the bed and sigh, "She's so special to me."

"Well you sure don't show her that," he replies, throwing the ball up again.

"Yes I do!" I argue. I do show her I care about her! I mean, she has to know, doesn't she?

"You don't tell her you care about her," he says, sitting up to look at me.

"I do too! I tell her I love her like every...." I stop talking. When was the last time I told her I loved her?

"Exactly," he smirks.

I roll my eyes and kick him, "Why don't you just take a long walk off a short pier?"

"Maybe I will! Then I'll look down from heaven and see how much you miss me!" he laughs, standing up and grabbing his keys.

"You wish!" I smile at him. Then, I watch him walk out the door.

* * *

Madison's POV:

I laugh as Harry tells another joke. We sit here in the taco shop at nearly midnight, giggling and laughing the night away.

It seems like every date I go on with Harry, it gets a little bit more fun, and I fall a little bit more in love with him.

My only fear, though, is that he doesn't need me as much as I feel I need him. Harry has made me feel as happy as I have ever been this past month, all because of him.

"And then-" he's cut off when his phone rings, and he smiles, "It's Liam."

I watch as he answers the phone, still smiling with his dimpled cheeks showing.

Suddenly, his smile drops, and he grips the table so hard his knuckles turn white, "What?"

My eyebrows furrow, wondering what's wrong as his eyes fill with tears, "Harry?"

He hangs up the phone as a tear slips down his cheek, "Liam's been in an accident."

{The last part of this is written so crappy but IENDJDJZKEKDJ WHAT

thank you for reading ily ily ily

ps: ily madison}