Chapter 23

Harry's POV:

"It's been exactly one month since my accident," Liam says, pointing his soda at the clock on the bedside table.

"Wow!" Louis, a student at Wesbrook because of his amazing acting skills, remarks, "Great job not dying!"

Liam throws a piece of popcorn at him and Louis smugly catches it in his mouth.

"Don't be an ass, Louis," Madison says from beside me, kicking her leg at Louis, "He actually did do a very good job at not dying."

I smile at her outburst in front of the group of 8. I know how shy she is around crowds, but it seems that this last month has helped her become more outgoing. I think she may like it better being with someone than being alone, and that makes me the happiest man living.

"He did do a great job, and we're grateful that he's here with us," I say, "Therefore, how about a toast to good fortune and friendship?"

We all raise our cans and clink them together, then take a big sip and laugh.

"Did they ever find out who the drunk driver was?" Mallori asks, looking at Liam.

He shakes his head and picks up his second slice of pizza, "Not a clue. I didn't have time to ask when it was happening."

Niall laughs, "Well, how did it happen?"

"From what I heard, I was driving one way, and the other guy was driving the other way, and they got too close to me and knocked me off the road and into a big street lamp. Then that thing fell right on top of me and hit my noggin, and I was out like a light."

I smile at Madison as we listen to the story. I always love watching her listen to things. She's told me before that when she listens to people's stories, ideas for future songs pop into her head, and she stores them away in her brain's little filing cabinet and keeps them for later.

I place my hand on her knee and grin when she turns towards me, "You look really really pretty, as always."

She blushes, "Well, thank you, Harry, but you've told me that about six times today."

"I know that," I nod, "I just never get tired of letting you know how pretty you are."

Madison smiles widely, then leans forwards and kisses me. The room silences and I hear a couple chuckles.

"Would you like us to leave, or something?" Zayn, an abstract art student and a friend of mine, laughs.

I stick my tongue out at him and he laughs again, shrugging innocently.

"They're just jealous," Madison giggles, kissing me again.

It's truly amazing, but scary, how happy we all are that one night. So scary that I know that soon, it all will change.

{OK HALFWAY THROUGH THIS I GOT WRITERS BLOCK BUT HADISON IS CUTE EYYYYYYYYY

thank you for reading ilysm

ps: ily madison I hope this is ok}