Chapter 18

“What the fuck was that for? You've upset Renee,” I spat as I barged into the kitchen. Mark kept his back to me as he poured a scotch.

“You knew exactly what you were doing, Elle, don't play fucking dumb,” he muttered darkly, chugging back his scotch.

“You can't just say shit like you did about someone who isn't even here! So I decided to-”

“If you were trying to make me jealous then congratulations, Elle, you did it. Goodnight,” Mark said, pausing inches away from my face as he left me alone in the kitchen. Later that night in bed, I could hear the two of them moaning from across the hall, and I knew that Mark was only doing it to make a point. But what was the message he was trying to get across? The clock beside my bed clicked over to one o'clock, and a comment Mark had made earlier floated to the top of my brain.

'If you were trying to make me jealous then congratulations, Elle, you did it.' Jealous? How on earth could I make him jealous? And what has he got to be jealous of? He has a beautiful wife who is also a model, for fucks sake.

The next morning I walked into the kitchen and was greeted by the sight of Mark in some grey boxer shorts and nothing else, drinking orange juice at the counter. He smirked at me as he turned his back to put the juice in the fridge, giving me the full view of fingernail scratches lining his shoulder blades.

“Morning,” he said as he turned back around, that fucking smirk still plastered on his lips.

“Okay, you've made your fucking point,” I muttered. As I sat on a stool at the breakfast bar, Mark slid a glass of juice down to me.

“Have I?” he muttered darkly as Renee entered the room, completely made up from head to toe and looking like a goddess. She blushed as she saw me, embarrassed by the fact that I knew exactly what she was getting up to the night before.

“Morning, Elle. I'm off to work, sweetie,” she finished, walking over to give Mark a kiss on the cheek. Mark placed his hand on the back of her neck, bringing her lips crashing down on his, and I could see his tongue trying to slip into her mouth.

“Bye, sexy.” Mark bit his lip, staring at Renee's ass as she walked out of the room. When I heard the elevator door ping shut, my head snapped up to look at Mark.

“Okay, I'm sorry for making you jealous, but I think you've made your point with your noisy activities last night, the back scratches and that little display just now,” I snapped. Mark smirked at me, shaking his head at me.

“It's not that simple, Elle. After your little comment last night all I could think about was you fucking some other guy and it fucked me off because I couldn't get that image out of my head.” I blinked at Mark several times, trying to calm myself before I said anything stupid.

“And that is an issue because...?”

“Because I'm clearly attracted to you and I had to do everything in my power to stop myself from imagining that it was me fucking you and not him,” Mark blurted. Whoa. Like, big whoa.

“Fuck,” Mark spat, before smashing his glass in the sink and leaving the kitchen. Holy shit, I really needed to let this sink in, and I hated myself for using a 'sink' pun.

Mark wanted to fuck me. My married, forty-something year old boss wanted to fuck me. I needed to get out of there, for I wasn't an innocent party either; I was clearly attracted to him as well. I didn't trust myself to be with him, so I knew that the first thing I needed to do was pack up my stuff and get the hell out of there.

I ran up the stairs to my room, trying to be as quiet as possible in case Mark came in to try and stop me, but I highly doubted that he would. Thank God I had only been there for one night, so all of my stuff was still mainly in all of my bags. As I started to put on my clothing from the day before, a voice behind me made me freeze.

“Where the fuck do you think you're going?” Mark said, strangely calmly given his choice of words. He was in nothing but a towel. Fuck.