side.A-1: Our Battle

君がいる side.A (Kimi ga Iru side.A) | side.A-1:君と僕の闘い (Kimi to Boku no Tatakai)

“That was great, Arima!”

After I shut the soundproof door close behind me, the person-in-charge came to hold my hand with an excited look on his face.

“Haa, Haa. Thank you very much.”

I was still breathing heavily after my performance which left me with so much dejection. I held back to the hand on mine with so little power I have to steady myself.

“It was really great! Look, you can still hear their clapping!”

“Oh…”

I want to rest for the time being.

It’s even too hard for me to have a conversation with someone right now.

But the feeling of how the applause and cheers from the other side of the door gave chills throughout my exhausted body was immense.

“Kousei! That was Awesome! Really awesome!”

“Don’t you have any other words aside from awesome?”

I let go from the grip and smiled with embarrassment from what Tsubaki just said. And there was Kashiwagi beside her who nodded towards me.

“Yeah. Tsubaki is right. Anyone who has heard your performance thinks it was awesome.”

“Th-thank you.”

I was taken a back a little after being told something like that by Kashiwagi who I seldom talk to.

She has this impression of a cool person that I’m having difficulty of understanding her but she also looked impressed.

I see myself looking at her while thinking that way when something plunged into my stomach that surprised me. When I peeked down, it was Koharu. And there’s also Aiza who seems to be lost while thinking of doing the same thing or not in hesitation.

“What’s with the long face?”

Ms. Hiroko’s voice said once she had joined us while I was stroking Koharu’s head.

“That was a great performance compared to practice. At least be a little happy when you’ve done such a thing!”

“Okay. Thank you very much. But…

Maybe it’s because she’s still fighting.”

Both Tsubaki and Kashiwagi turned to look at me then decided to lower their heads. And I was just looking ahead and Ms. Hiroko was quiet the whole time.