Chapter 5 : big news

As I said , from now these will be one shots about their life together.

Context : a few months after their wedding , Amy finds out some big news. I got this idea off of a story I read on ao3.

Amy looked down at her phone , 'your period is 20 days late.'
'thats weird' she thought , she was never late. The only time she had missed one was when she was preg-... oh shit. That would explain the weight gain and nausea. She sat there for a second as the thoughts sunk into her head.
She didn't know what to do , should she tell Jonah there's a chance ? Or should she take the test first incase it's nothing?

Yes , that's what she decided to do , she didn't want any unnecessary excitement or anxiety if it ended up being nothing. Luckily for her , Jonah was out with Parker , he had taken him to go and see whatever kids crap was on at the movies. So , she headed to the store and quickly grabbed a few of the most expensive tests. At checkout, she saw one of her colleagues from work and so made extra precautions to avoid them before heading home.

There she was , sat on the bathroom floor with the test on the shelf infront of her. On the box it said to wait three minutes. She sat there , thinking about the results. What if she was pregnant ? She loved Jonah and did want to have a kid together but how would he react ? Would he be happy or sad or pretend to be supportive. All of these thoughts sent her spiralling, Jonah had always mentioned how he wanted kids but she still couldn't help but be anxious about his response. What if she wasn't pregnant ? She would be relived yes but also kind of disappointed , they weren't trying for a kid right now but they had settled down and they could afford it.

DING DING DING

The timer on her phone went off , usually she would procrastinate looking at things she didn't want to but this time she couldn't , leaving it too long could lead to a false positive. She clutched her legs as she slowly opened her eyes and shifted them toward the strip. Two lines. That's it , she's pregnant.
It was the best rated test and so she assumed it was probably correct.

Amy heard the little footsteps of Parker , running into the living room. Jonah was home. She was so overwhelmed with the sudden shock of the news that she wasn't thinking straight. Her mind was swirling and she was visibly shaking , but she wasn't ready to talk to Jonah yet , what if he wasn't exited? what would she do then? She heard him coming up the stairs , ever step he would take , made her heart sink deeper and deeper into her chest. She heard the noise echo down the corridor and then the bedroom door open.

She quickly stuffed the test into the closest cupboard and tried to pull herself together to face her husband. She turned the door handle and stepped out , forcing a smile onto her face.

'how was the movie?' She questioned , her voice trembled slightly.
'Oh , you know paw patrol , I think it deserved an oscar' he replied. Amy just awkwardly laughed which he assumed was the result of his terrible joke or something.

'do you want to go in the pool?' He said , it was a nice warm day so a dip in the pool was all he needed.
'Could we just watch some tv' she replied.
Jonah raised an eyebrow, usually she was the one beginning to spend time outside 'okay?' He said.

They both sat in their bed , Amy was getting worse at hiding her anxiety's , Jonah puts his arm around her and she laid on his chest. He could feel her heartbeat, it was noticeably fast and she was very hot and shaky.

'Hey , are you feeling ok?' Jonah said worriedly.

Amy was at her breaking point , she couldn't hold it in any longer. Tears streamed down her face.
'I'm sorry' she said.
'I'm sorry I didn't tell you.'

Jonah had a shocked look on his face , he had never seen Amy so emotional.
'I think I'm pregnant' she blurted out before going back to sobbing.

Jonah's face suddenly lit-up , he kissed her on the forehead. Amy looked up at his face and saw his true excitement , she let out a huge sigh of relief.
'so , you're not mad?' She said.
'what ?' He replied , 'of couse not'
She then described how she went to the store got the test and took it.

'You should've called me , I'd of been there for you , you should know that' he said , with a soft smile.

'Yh' she said , 'I know , I was just scared you wouldn't be ready'
'of couse i am' , he hugged her in tighter.

'Then let's do this then' she replied.