Chapter 11

Molly was my nanny before my dad remarried. I loved going to her little flat and spending the whole day with her. I remember when I'd sleep on her sofa until my dad came late at night. Being the little kid I was, I'd always protest against going to bed.

Molly and I would be having so much fun, and then she would look at the clock and tell me it was time for bed. "One more round, please Molly!" I'd whine.

We played cards a lot, so instead of asking for another story like any other kid, I'd always ask for another round of cards. I was smart for my age, even then.

"Come now Cici," she always called me Cici. "It's past time for you to go to bed. Remember what I told you about REM sleep? You needs lots of it, and the less you get-" "the more tired you are. Oh fine." See? I understood sleep patterns at the age of 7.

My dad would come and pick me up from Molly's flat very late at night. Sometimes I woke up and heard them talking. He'd always thank her and she's respond with something like, "It was my pleasure, sir. She's a great kid." and the conversation would never go farther than that. Dad would scoop me up and take me home.

About a year after Molly started taking care of me, she met a friend who came to help Molly with me. That was Rose. Mickey came over sometimes, too, but it was mostly just Molly and Rose. Those girls raised me from ages 8 to 10. It doesn't seem like long, but those were the years that made me who I am today.

When Dad got remarried, he didn't need Molly and Rose to take care of me. That was when I was torn away from them. I would later go on to meet Moriarty and reunite with Rose, but she didn't stay long. I never saw Molly again. At least, before today.

Molly stood there before me, half laughing, half crying. I got up and hugged her. I had missed her so much. "Oh look at how you've grown! I missed you!" I suddenly realized that I had gotten up without a single twinge of pain.

I drew away and ran around the flat. "This feels great! Molly, you did it! It worked!" I now stood in front of her, smiling from ear to ear.

"Now that I'm better, we need to find Sherlock and-" I stopped myself. Did she know? "And the Doctor, yes I know. Rose told me too. But anyway, we have a manhunt to start. Let's go!"

We took down the barricades on the front door and left the flat. "Wait, what if someone comes in the flat and takes the stuff you made?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that. The mixture loses its effect in an hour if you don't add a secret ingredient to it every now and then. I didn't add the ingredient last night, knowing that you'd probably be better in the morning. With that, we went on our way.