Chapter 13

Needless to say, I creamed her. We played poker, and gambled with cheese puffs. After about five games, I finally heard the door open.

Sherlock and Watson come through the door, dropping the bags they had been carrying onto the floor. Sherlock's eyes seem to light up when he saw me. He walked to me and looked puzzled about how I had recovered so quickly, but still overall happy to see me. Sherlock wasn't touchy-feely like the Doctor was.

"How are you feeling? Did they take care of everything at the hospital?" When he said that, I remembered when had happened at the hospital. I had forgotten until now. That was whe everything crumbled around. I sat down on a chair and held my legs to my chest.

"Never again. That wasn't- no." It had finally set in that they had injected me with something. I could be dying. No! I couldn't! Why was this happening?! They injected me with some kind of serum, and they wanted me. Why me? I didn't get it. I just wanted to know. It killed me not knowing. I looked up wearily, only to see everyone looking at me worriedly.

Sherlock was the first to speak. Almost immediately, he rushed to my said and put a hand on my shoulder. "What is it? What happened there that you haven't told me?"

"Well, when I woke up, I saw 'Martha' and another doctor standing with their backs to me, so they didn't know I was awake. They were taking about how they had injected me with some kind of serum, and that's what made me pass out. Martha also was talking Abuja how she wasn't really Martha and how de had disposed of the real Martha long ago. What's the Doctor going to say? I haven't told him yet, but I don't want to. I don't want to be he one to tell him." I said, breathless after explaining it all.

"That's at least the third time in the past few days that I've had to explain things to people! And that's not counting you and Watson in the beginning of this mess! I've had to lead everyone down memory lane way too many times! And most of those trips went through the hellish part of my life that I never wanted to remember! Why did this all have to happen to me, of all the 7 billion people in the world." I continued, almost reducing myself to tears, but I kept my head. I was no weakling.

Molly rushed to my side, hugging me. Watson finally broke the silence that had fallen over the room. "Wait a minute, do you two know each other?" he asked. "Yeah, she was my babysitter when I was a little kid. She practically raised me, of course with help from-" I stopped mid-sentence. No, no more. No more tears, no more days of mourning and wishing she was here again.

"But anyway, we have a bigger problem to deal with. Have you gotten in contact with the Doctor yet?" I asked Sherlock. "No, he wouldn't pick up. He's probably put saving some planet with that Donna lady." Sherlock replied.

"Well that's just great. I have news for you all, and he's out frolicking about with his new girlfriend! I mean, come on! I'm guessing that he has been traveling about with that Martha chick before this one, so he must have moved on pretty quickly. That son of a gun! I still haven't recovered fully! Can you try calling him again? I need him to be here. I don't want to have to explain this twice. I've had enough of explaining!" I said with a bit of jealousy in my voice. It wasn't that I wanted to travel with him, it was that he had moved on so quickly as I was sitting here, with nobody to distract me from my train wreck of a life.

"Someone sounds a bit spiteful. I'll try calling again." Sherlock said as I crossed my arms at his remark. Sherlock took out his phone and dialed. "Hello? Yes, Doctor. Your services are needed back here on Baker Street. It's quite urgent." Sherlock said, winking at me on the urgent part. He and I both knew it could wait a bit, but we both shared a love for watching the Doctor run around frantically. Sherlock continued talking.

"Yes, someone wants to speak to you. We have some critical news to tell you that can't be given over the phone. Alright, see you soon. Yes, 221B. Okay, bye." He ended the call. "He'll be here in 10. Until then, can at least tell us something about what you have to tell us?" Sherlock pleaded.

"No. You'll have to wait just like everyone else. Now, who's up for some cards?" I asked with enthusiasm. I was done moping about. I'd deal with serious matters later. For now, I'd have some fun.

We all agreed on a game of Slapjack. I ended up winning most of the games, while Watson posed a large threat to my winning streak, taking two wins.

"Ha! The queen has been overthrown!" Watson yelled after taking yet another win. Finally, the Doctor came through the door almost an hour late, frantically swinging it open.

"I came as soon as I could. Had a little run I with some Daleks. So, what did you want to-" he stopped as soon as he saw me. "Cicily!" He ran to me and lifted me off the floor, spinning me around. "Cicily! You're alright!" He set me down and stood there with his hands on my shoulders.

"Doctor, I have some news. And you're not going to like it." I said, knowing the fun was over. His broad smile that had been plastered on his face quickly faded. "What? What is it?" he asked.

"Martha's gone. The Martha we saw was an imposter. They killed her, knowing that you would bring me here to fix me up. This is all Moriarty's doing, or, as you know him, the Master."