Home bySquirrelGay

https://archiveofourown.org/works/19086775/chapters/45345598

Fleur/Hermione

Summary: "Fleur" I called again, "What's happened to you now?"

Chapters 3/3

Chapter 1 After the War

"After the war was over, and Voldemort had been defeated. One would think that here were huge celebrations, feasts or, at least some cries of victory. Nothing could be far away from the truth. The war was over, and it only gave way to mourning. And then everyone just went... home.

Not right away, of course. After all, the castle was in ruins, there were bodies being collected, friends reuniting. But no one was cheering. Everything was covered by a warm blanket of numbness, and it was quiet.

Oh, so quiet that you could hear the sobs that had been once desperate crying, but that had been hours ago, no one had the strength to cry loudly now. Not even Mrs. Weasley, who had not left her son's side for one second, stiff and cold as he was now. The rest of her family made sure no one bothered her, they helped pick up the hubris, bandage the wounded, and kept tabs on her. Like a good family they always made sure to come back to each other.

Harry was, well, he was finally melting into the background. He had known grief his whole life, and pain, and suffering, he was sort of used to it by now. But it had never been this much, not quite. Before, he had suffered alone, the loss of his parents and his godfather and everyone else. But now there were other who shared his pain. He tried to help as best he could, but he was tired, and it was finally time for him to rest. He fell asleep against a makeshift bed in the corner of a classroom, and no one bothered him. He had done enough..."