Chapter 22

I hear an angry growl from the door and we turn to it, seing an angry Cecil standing there. Zack lowers his head and takes a step away from me.

"It's not how it looks Alpha!"

He stomps over to us me and pulls me into a aggressive hug.

"MINE!"

"Cecil. It was my fault. I hugged him."

I try to calm him down but he's still furious. Zack leaves for the door, his head still lowered.

"I'm going now. I'm sorry Alpha. Leona."

He bows slighty and then takes his leave. Lovely. I'm gonna have to apologize to him later.

I look up at Cecil.

"Was that seriously necessare?"

He lets out another angry growl.

"Don't talk to me like this! Why did he touched you?!"

Okay now he's done it. I'm pissed.

"What? You're forbidding me from being around others now?! Seriously?! The fuck is your problem?!"

We stare at each other angrily.

"You're MY mate! You're MINE! Only I can touch you! Only I'm allowed to touch you!"

"What are you?! 12?! Grow up! Forget I asked to spend time together!"

I leave the kitchen and look for Zack.

Was pretty hard to find him and took me a while but I eventually found his room. He looks at me surprised.

"Leona?"

I scratch my head slightly.

"Sorry to come into here without knocking. I was looking for you."

He comes over to me.

"For me? Why? Did something happen?"

I shake my head.

"No not at all. I just wanted to apologize to you about what happend in the kitchen."

He stops a bit away from me.

"Nah it was my fault. I know Cecil is very possesive and I didn't felt him coming."

I'm eyeing him annoyed.

"No it's not. It's his fault for behaving like a baby. And I set it up. I'm sorry."

He looks at me worried.

"Don't tell me... you had a fight over it?"

I'm getting pissed just being reminded of it.

"Yes we did. I'm not letting myself be treated like some thing you possess!"

I find myself yelling and lower my head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't wanted to yell at you."

He shakes his head.

"No problem. I understand what you mean. Lilith was like that too at the beginning."

He starts laughing slightly.

We sit down on the couch in his room and talk.

"So... uhm... what made you change?"

I ask him, hoping Cecil could get back to sense. He thinks for a while and then answers.

"Well... I'm still a male and am protective over her and get angry if someone touches her. Cecil is just unsure. You're not mated yet and some people could use that to threaten him. As the mate of an Alpha, there is more danger than you think. I think he just wants you to be safe."

I lower my head and then speak.

"But.. I can protect myself. I don't need a hero. And besides. You're part of his pack. His Beta. His friend. So why get so angry at you? He should know better."

Zack scratches his head, seeming to look for words.

"I guess he just snaped. I don't know. Maybe there is something bothering him. Maybe you hurt him? Can you think of something?"

I think for a while but shake my head.

"No... I don't think so... I asked him to hang out but apart of that..."

Zack seems in thought.

"Hm... then maybe not. Look. I really don't know what got him behave like this. I only know that sometimes he overreacts and he needs some time to think over it. That's why I went. I didn't wanted that situation to escalate but I left you alone in it. I didn't thought it over. I'm sorry Leona."

I shake my head.

"No no Zack. Don't apologize. I think if you would have stayed it would have been even worse."

He smiles slightly and then talks again.

"Thanks. So to come back to the topic. Talk to him. Calmly. Tell him how you felt in that situation and why you got angry. He maybe needs some time to understand but I'm sure he will eventually. You're important to him."

I remain silent for a while what makes him speak up again.

"Leona. I know it's hard but I promise you, he's worth it."

I still say nothing and Luna speaks up in our mind.

Lea. Zack's right. We should talk to him. You don't want to lose him, right?

I... no of course not just... that behaviour was... like what's wrong with him? He can't treat me like this. I'm supposed to be his mate. His equal.

Tell him that. He will understand. I'm sure of it. Zack said it too, he doesn't want to lose you.

After that conversation with Luna, I look up to Zack and smile.

"You're right. I don't want to lose him over this. I will talk to him and hope he will understand. Thanks Zack."

He smiles in return and gets up, pulling me up too and then spins me around and pushes me towards the door.

"Alright then go!"

I turn to him, surprised.

"W..what? N..now?"

He nods.

"Yes. Now. Of with you!"

I give him an annoyed look and thank him. And he just grins at me.

"You're welcome."