𝑗.𝑗𝑘/ 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠

You looked down at the piece of yarn between your fingers, the back of your brain pulsing dully. You weren't sure how you felt. You had been feeling somewhat isolated, despite being in the presence of people you loved you, broad-minded and accepting people. You had people you could relate to on a surface level. Maybe even beyond that. But the threads that spun a person's being, their whole; what were they really made of? 

The strength of a single vein of material had so much behind it. It could be cut through in so many ways. It could take so much to chop through a person's weaknesses, or so little. Every color, vibrant or dull, that stained a person's perception had the potential to bring light to their sight. A symphony of such hues was what painted a vision. The varieties hurt to think about, your brain unraveling in bits as it tried to follow the visual flavors each one offered.

Maturity levels were built off experience, how many times a thread had been wrapped around another. How weak each one was to begin with, how frequently one had snapped. Stronger threads would continue to be swapped in until the bloody gears of the heart stopped turning entirely. To stick something sharp into a skin's fabric, to watch a tear redden and leak to sew itself up again was something you could only somewhat fathom. The pale, creamy patches that bodies stuck on themselves were remarkable, and the blending of people's various identities as they grew and changed were nothing short of that.

Knowledge was something that wrapped around these threads. It offered them an embrace of clarity and strength, and stretched them as they grew with people. Knowledge could be deceptive, fraying simpler strings and braiding itself in poisonously with tougher ones. To color a person bitter could be a simple task, an impermanent one, an unintentional one. Breaks in strands could vary. Severity could vary with them. Sight was fragile nonetheless.

The roots of people's identities was something that fascinated but also frustrated you to some degree, and you couldn't place where you stood. The threads of your mindset felt bare, your passing thoughts like cheap, gaudy buttons with sharp pins. They'd stab into your brain and take root for whatever amount of time you kept them for, getting tossed into a drawer soon after. Your mindset was so scattered that it was aggravating. Your thoughts were one big old wrinkled quilt, and it smelled like lack of substance. 

Quite simply, you were blank.

You twirled the yarn around your thumb before tossing it into the bin next to you. The irritation you felt was temporary. You felt too many things for any of them to last, and you couldn't muster up the energy to break down your emotions. Every sense the world was built off of felt as though it had been amplified by the saturated colors of your strings, each knot and twist leaving you empty and tired. Your thoughts felt meaningless as they wound themselves up tightly over things that didn't feel real. All your surroundings felt like a headache.

You set your forehead in your hand, the warmth of your palm pressing into your skull with little effect. You barely heard Jungkook open the door to your room. Peering inside, he recognized your pattern of thought from your body language and crossed the room silently. He bent down and wrapped his arms around you, breathing deeply as he rested his head on your shoulder.

You looked further down, lips quivering as your tears fought for freedom.

"It'll be okay," he whispered, rocking you from side to side as you began to sob.

☀︎︎Not going to lie, this was kind of shitty. This isn't what I've been writing for the past few days (and I haven't forgotten about Yoongi's birthday chapter either c: it'll be out eventually). I had a mini existential crisis in the middle of the night (as one does) and wrote this thing because I could, basically. It's not the greatest and JK is only here for a few lines, but I was honestly just in need of comfort and felt like writing.☀︎︎

☀︎︎What is something that grounds you?☀︎︎