Chapter 2 The Rain's Secret

*in a suburban part of Japan*

A girl with ash black hair limped through the street, looking for anyone to be awake.

But she only saw darkened lights everywhere she looked.

She had already been walking for what was possibly hours by now.

She was weak and her leg was broken.

She walked only a few more feet before collapsing to the ground. She looked at the closest house and crawled her way to the door only to just lean on the door.

Bloody and exhausted, she didn't have the strength to even knock.

Instead she just lay there, before she fell into the darkness she thought she heard a small
meow.

On the other side of the door a cat was meowing louder and louder, also getting the dog that lived there to make noise with him.

All the commotion woke the owner.

The small japanese man, fearing it was a burglar or worse, grabbed his katana and headed for the door.

After shooing the cat and dog away he opened the door only to jump back about a good 10 feet.

He was in shock.

On the other side of the door was a girl in a cherry blossom kimono that was almost completely covered in blood, as well as cut and burned.

Her leg was twisted in an unnatural way and her black hair was messy and bloody. She was also bear foot.

She had wounds covering her body, burns that still radiated heat and slashes that spewed blood.

Quickly deciding to ignore his personal space problem and got the girl more into the house.

Once he got her somewhere dry and clean he ran to find his medical supplies and as best as he could patched up the girl.

As soon as he was done he checked for a pulse.

"Oh no, this is not good. She barely has a pulse."

It was late and he didn't have any easy means to get to a hospital, so he left her there and hoped with all he could that she would be alright.

With one final look at her beaten body he exited the room and went back to bed.