Chapter 1-This means my turn has come

It ought to be fun. No wonder Ozumi wants to tag along. If bad deeds were to be done, she would be present, because pain is great and she is far too good at it.

The smell over the city of Yokohama is disgusting. It brings nothing new. No advancement from the time Ozumi lived there. Just from the smell she could tell. Absolutely nothing had changed. That's the reason she left in the first place. However, when her boss explained her mission in Yokohama, she couldn't refuse.

Seeing the stunt faces of the Detective Agency when the helicopter lands on the highway, it was worth all the trouble already. Francis, her boss, seems to agree with her thought. His smug, condescendent laugh does not hide it.

Ozumi has a condescending aura herself. Like everything around her belongs to her and everyone who sets eyes on her is now under her control. However, nothing compared with the comfort and casualty Francis showcases in the Detective Agency's meeting room. He seats up straight and crosses his legs on the yellow couch like it's already his. Ozumi stands behind the couch, to his right. She smiles with ease, her hand holds her wrist behind her back. Lucy is on the other side of the couch and stands holding her hands in front of her stomach.

"How nice to finally meet you," Francis spreads his arms in a welcoming manner. "President Fukuna... uhm, Fuzuka?"

"Fukuzawa."

The other man, the president of the Detective Agency, an old geezer with tough, cold looks has a steely gaze and serious tone to his voice. Unlike Francis, he seats with his arms crossed across his chest.

"That's it." Francis collects his arms on his lap. "Oh, we parked our chop on a nearby highway," his elbows rest on the back of the couch. "Was that okay?"

"What is it you wish to discuss?" President Fuzukawa asks, his eyes closed to his visitors. "You crossed the world to come here. Speak your mind."

A young girl in uniform enters the room and leaves two cups of tea on the table between the two men.

"Oh my," Francis sighs with satisfaction. "This is a rare specimen." he picks up the cup "I don't recognize this style of porcelain. What is the brand of this set?" he asks while he inspects the bottom of the cup by lifting it over his head. "Royal Blank? Or perhaps, Elzeka?"

"It's from the ceramic store next door." the woman who brought the tea answers. She now stands by the president's left, behind the couch, and faces Ozumi.

Francis takes a loud sip.

"My apologies." Francis says, handing the cup to Ozumi and begins to bow.

Ozumi complies and receives the cup on her hand. In this stance, her free hand instinctively lodges itself over her whip by her hip.

"Call me Francis, old sport. I insist." Francis lifts his gaze to the President. "I'm the leader of the Guild. We're headquartered in North America. I personally own three conglomerates, five hotels, an airline, an university..."

Fukuzawa interrupts his pretentious herself wishes her boss would get straight to the point. So she could burn the building down.

"Mister Fitzgerald, I received reports that you issued a bounty and encouraged the port mafia to attack us." for the first time, Fukuzawa looks right in Francis' eyes. His gaze is threatening. "Are they true?"

"Yes," Francis confirms, a wide smile forms on his face. "That was a big mistake on my part. To think such a famous criminal group would be so incompetent." he waved dismissively. "To make amends, I bring you a business proposal."

None of his words makes the President's face softened. This was already expected, words would not work on him. And neither would the power of money. This conversation is leading nowhere, it made Ozumi itch to make a bold move. Show them they are already at the Guild's mercy.