literally just a water gun why are you even reading this [ghostbur+dream angst]

this is for u silver smh

Dream had always been good at making things. 

He liked to dabble in mechanics, redstone, building, anything that involved creating. 

His favorite was creating new and more powerful weaponry. 

The latest of his creations was fairly simple. He was confused why he hadn't thought of it before, to be honest. 

It was incredibly useful. 

Ghostbur, as everyone knew, couldn't die. Obviously, he couldn't lose canon lives, but for some reason neither mobs nor any other natural items seemed to be able to kill him. (Dream knew about this after he spent a few hours with his sword through Ghostbur's chest, and nothing happened.)

There were two things that could cause the ghost to respawn. 

First, phil. Phil could, if he was using the sword that Wilbur had originally been killed with. 

Second, water. (Dream knew this after he held Ghostbur down in snow until he melted. It was not a fun experience for either of them; Dream was covered in bruises from the ghost's struggles the next day.)

An old crossbow with a half filled water bottle on it, a few tubes, and a lever system was all it took. And behold: the Ghostbur Obliterator 3000.

It looked sort of pathetic, like something a second grader would use in a water gun fight against his friends. But Dream shoved the thought out of his head as he stuffed the G.O.3000 into his bag and started packing to visit Tommy. 

"Hello, Dream!" The ghost was just outside logstedshire when he arrived, collecting armfulls of flowers from a nearby field. 

"Good morning, Wilbur!" Dream responded.

Ghostbur's reaction was immediate. He frowned and clutched the flowers tighter, an almost imperceptible tremble in his hands. 

"Sorry, I think you meant Ghostbur. I'm not Wilbur." 

Dream smiled. In one fluid motion, he drew the G.O.3000 and fired at Wilbur, landing a shot on his right shoulder. 

The ghost screamed, dropping the flowers and reaching for his shoulder. But the moment his hands tried to touch the water and dry it or wipe it off, they began burning as well. Blue blood mixed in with the water as he clawed at his shoulder, only succeeding in burning his hands and shoulder more rather than actually removing the water. 

"Oops. Sorry about that." Dream chuckled as Ghostbur struggled to breathe, each inhale ragged and pained. 

The ghost didn't respond, just slid onto his knees and hunched over, still grabbing his shoulder as though it would stop the pain.

"So, Wilbur."

Dream took a step closer, then levelled the crossbow against the underside of Wilbur's chin. He used the water bottle nocked in it's arrow holder to tilt the ghost's head upwards, almost revelling in the fear on Ghostbur's face. 

"What do you think of my new weapon?" 

Ghostbur swallowed hard as a few drops of water leaked out and fell onto his neck, melting through the skin. His eyes were filled with pain. 

"Why? I didn't hurt you, I did what you asked, I swear I never talked to-"

"I know. But you've gotten pretty annoying around Logstedshire. It's selfish how you try to keep Tommy all to yourself, I should get to spend some time with him as well."

"But-" 

Dream pressed the tip of the water bottle to his neck, letting the damp cap sear a hole into his skin. Ghostbur yelped and tried to back away, but Dream followed. 

"You need to learn a lesson, Ghostbur. Leave Logstedshire, leave Tommy, and I won't have to do this again." 

With that, Dream pulled the trigger. 

Water sprayed out of the bottle into Ghostbur's face. An agonized scream tore it's way from his throat before the water burned through it, turning his shrieking into choking coughs. The skin melted off his face, blue dripping from the muscle and tissue, while navy tears slipped out of his almost completely destroyed eyes. 

Dream simply watched him roll around on the ground, clawing at his face and screaming and sobbing and begging until his voice broke. He was honestly disappointed when the ghost slumped over, unmoving aside from the heaving in his chest. 

He sighed, leaning over and kicking Ghostbur's prone form. 

"Did you seriously go into shock before the water killed you? This is going way too slow." Dream said, mostly to himself. 

He leaned over and pulled Ghostbur's communicator off his wrist, punching out a few messages to Phil. 

"Hey, Wilbur." He then kicked Ghostbur again, rolling him over to his side so he could stare into the blue-filled holes where his eyes used to be. 

"Phil's coming, he's the only one who can put you out of your misery now that I've run out of water. Give it ten, fifteen minutes then you'll have a sword in your chest and you'll wake up somewhere safe and sound. If you're lucky, you'll even get your eyes back!" 

He laughed when Ghostbur flinched and curled tighter into himself, practically whimpering in pain. 

Dream turned on his heel and left the ghost behind.