💜Chapter 3: Work Never Stops🧡

Karl and Quackity were getting to know each other slowly. Y'know the usual, little conversations about this and that, nothing important.

"So the royal advisor is your sister, ey?" Quackity asked raising his eyebrow.

"I guess you could say that. You have siblings?"

"None that I know of really. My dad was a bit of a player until he married my mom, if ya know what I mean."

"I- alright then"

Quackity looked up a the clock, "We've all got to start cooking for the royal family. Karl your station the that one right over there." he pointed at the last section of the kitchen.

"Ah, your cooking for the prince I see? Good luck with that, buddy."

Quackity walked away to the pantry, not noticing Karl's confused look. He shrugged it off then began to turn on the oven and stove, and got out some dishes.

Karl got two raw foods, steak and a potato, and seasoning from the cabinet. He put the potato in aluminum foil and pan, then stuck it in the oven at 210° Fahrenheit. Then he set the timer to 40 minutes and pressed start. Next, he put the raw steak in a pan of oil, and sat it on the stove.

When the food is done~
He added the finishing touch of Karl, then set the plate on the big counter for the servant to take.

Once everyone else finished they noticed Karl's plate and were amazed, considering he was new.

"Wow Karl! You can cook amazing!" Niki complimented.

"Yeah man, not gonna lie, pretty sexy." Quackity smirked.

"Yeah that's really good for your first day!" Dream was very impressed with his skill.

"Thanks guys, it's not really my best work though." He replied. So modest and humble, Karl.

A pink-haired man walked over a took the plates, and walked out the kitchen.

"Who's that?" Karl questioned.

"Him? That's Technoblade, aka Techno. He's the server"

"Oh ok, he looks.. oddly intimidating.."

"Wait til you meet him. It's worse. He's really sweet to Niki though, they're like besties for some reason."

About an hour later~
"Karl could you help me with the dishes please? George and Dream are being stubborn, Wilbur had to leave, and there are LOTS of dishes." Niki asked politely.

"Sure Niki!" Karl was taught from childhood to help others in need, and it also made him feel good.

Karl washed and Niki dried. There were DOZENS of dishes. Quackity talked to them the whole time, not caring if they needed help or not. Hannah walked in shortly after when they were just halfway done.

"Goodness you guys are still washing? We had much more dishes than I thought." Hannah walked over surprised.

"Hey Hannah, can you do something for me?" Quackity asked getting close to here.

"No I can't get you a raise from the king. And no, I don't have control over the pay of the workers."

"Dammit." He said walking off.

"Is this a weekly occurrence?" Karl asked handing the last plate to Niki.

"More like daily." Hannah rolled her eyes.

"Cut me some slack señorita!" Quackity groaned, bumping her with his elbow.

"Fuck off" she said shoving him away.

"Rude"

"And we're completely done!" Niki sighed in relief.

"Nice. I can leave now." Said Hannah.

"Is there a reason your hear exactly or...?" Quackity questioned Hannah.

"Yes, I wasn't allowed to leave until you guys finished." She rubbed her neck, "I'm gonna head out to my girlfriend's place, wanna come with Kar?"

"Sure, do I have to third wheel though?"

"Probably not"

"Ok then, I'm still coming."

"Alright then, I still have somewhere to stop in the castle before we leave though." She said grabbing his arm and pulling him through the kitchen doors.

They went up the large staircase in the middle of the palace first floor, then down a hallway to a decent sized doorway. She pushed open the door to reveal the prince's room. It was beautifully, dimly lit with a chandelier, and it was a mostly dark purple and white-ish color theme. He was shocked when he saw how big it was.

"You can either wait out here or follow me in." Hannah offered.

She opened the door and walked in, Karl following behind her.

"AYY SAPPY!!" Hannah exclaimed.

"Ugh you are so annoying Hannah." He replied.

"And your cranky sap"

"Am not! I'm just tired." He strongly said, laying back down.

"Ok then. Me and my brother are going out for the day, don't get in any trouble while I'm gone."

He sat up, "I haven't gotten into any trouble since I set fire to that forest last month. I'll be fine!"

"How did he manage to do that?" Karl asked.

"The LGBBQ..." she answered.

"The what now?"

"A party with the LGBTQ+ that work or live in the castle. It's always during pride month."

"Could I come next time?" Asking them both.

"Maybe, but we have to get going to Sami. Bye sappy! Don't get yourself killed!"

As they were walking out Sapnap yelled back, "I can make no promises Hannah!"

When the footsteps were no more, he sighed hard and pulled his knees up to his chest, starting to blush deeply.

"Oh my gosh that was stressful, he's too cute."

Credits to NightmareisKindaHere for this one too!