A bit of peace during the storm

About 15 minutes passed since she read that terrible card, Angel managed to somewhat calm down. She picked the flowers and threw them in the bin, and ripped the card pieces and than light it and watched it burn. After the awful day she had, Angel packed her purse, locked her office and headed to the elevator. She pressed garage floor and stared at her reflection in the mirror. 

"When did I go from being this bubbly and happy girl to this girl? Even I don't recognise myself anymore. But still nobody will ever see this side of me, because I will not allow others to see my weakness."

As she turned to face the doors ,they opened and she stepped out. It was kind of  an eerie atmosphere since the whole garage was empty except one car, hers. As soon as she got in the car ,she turned on the radio and let the music bring a genuine smile on her face. While she was driving she called her housekeeper to tell her to get her bath ready and to prepare some pasta for dinner.

As soon as she stepped in her apartment , the smell of pasta filled her nose. Angel went straight to the kitchen where a women in her 50s was cooking.

"Hi Nora, the pasta smells delicious. Do you need any help?"

"Nonsense , when I start needing your help, I might as well retire. Now go change, dinner's ready." - Nora told her ,trying to contain a serious face(of course that wasn't possible)

"Okay if you say so, I'll change and we can eat together." 

Nora was more than a housekeeper to Angel, she was like her family. The only thing close to family she had. She was the only person who was able to see right trough Angel, even though she tried so hard to keep her feelings hidden. They both were aware of that. Angel knew her since she was a little girl and after the tragic events that happened , Nora was there to help her but also guide her in a way. She also didn't have any family ,as her husband died a little before the accident and they didn't have any children. That was also the reason as to why Nora always saw Angel as her child and treated her that way.

"So how was work today? Everything's going good?" -Nora asked Angel as they sat by the dinner table. 

(Dinnng room)

(Dinnng room)

"Yeah, same as everyday. Except I had a certain unpleasant visit. But let's not talk about work anymore and let's taste this delicious looking pasta" 

"Okay, my pasta tastes the same as it looks ,so you can't say anything bad about it or I'll hit you"- As Nora finished the sentence ,they both burst out laughing.

And with this they started eating. Nora never pushed Angel if she didn't want to tell her something. But she knew exactly who this "unpleasant" visit was. She also knew that that meant the trouble was coming soon.