Chapter One - When My Luck Disappeared

It was a long day at school, and frankly, it was boring. Each class seemed to get longer and longer. Then I finally had music.

To everyone else at the school Miss. Mays was the nicest teacher. Not to me though. She was a bitch to me. And to top it off she had almost caused my parents to separate. She was such a skank. She always wore a short skirt and a singlet that always showed her lacy bra.

Today she was picking on me a bit too much. Every time I tried to play a song she would tell me my guitar was out of tune, when I knew it wasn't. She even tried telling me I was skipping lines when I knew I wasn't. She was telling me that I couldn't play, when I knew I could. Even Ali, who didn't even like me, stuck up for me, which earned her a detention. Although I could get her out of it.

I didn't actually blow up until Miss told me that my guitar was a shitty second hand one. That hit me hard. I knew for a fact that this guitar had belonged to my brother, and that my parents had bought it for him when he was twelve. They had gotten him a Gibson SG for his birthday. He had specifically asked for a Gibson SG because that's what Angus Young, lead guitarist from AC/DC had wanted as a young boy.

The guitar was an aqua colour, and was still in perfect condition.

"Excuse me, Miss. Mays?" I started.
"Yes?" Miss. Mays snapped.
"My guitar is not a shitty, and yes it may be second hand but it was my brother's, so shut your face you fat, fucking whore!"

After I had said that I had earned myself a lot of gasps from the class. And then I was sent to the principal's office, with my guitar.

Mr. King was shocked that I had said that and when he asked why I had said it, I simply replied, "She was treating me like shit Sir. And my mother always told me to speak the truth."

I got an angry growl from Mr. King, and he sent me home.

My parents were literally horrified when they had found out what I had done. As a punishment I had to walk home from school, which luckily for me, wasn't actually that far away.

When I had gotten home, after a few stops, my parents sent me up to my room. I had dumped my school bag at my door, but I had placed my guitar on my bed softly. It's black case was teasing me. Every time I'd look the other way it would glisten from the sun.

I got up and ran towards it, unzipped the leather case and grabbed my guitar. I played it with anger, not even playing a proper song. Half the time I wasn't even playing it properly, but I didn't care. The tears streamed down my face. I missed my brother.

Dad came and snatched the guitar out of my hands before saying he was going to smash it. More tears came as I yelled, "Dad! No! Don't do this! You can't- I need that guitar!"
"This stupid guitar is what got you in trouble in the first place!" He roared.

As dad stormed outside I ran after him pleading and begging for him not to smash it. But he did. Right in front of me. I looked at him, then dropped to my knees, crying as my guitar was destroyed. It was the only thing I had left of my brother. I grabbed a small shard of the guitar and held it tight in my hands, then shoved it into my pocket.

My sadness turned into rage and I hit the brick wall. I couldn't help it. If I hadn't punch that wall I would of hit my father, and then I would have been in more trouble then before.

My knuckles and wrist ached from the force of my punch, and my knuckles were bleeding. Blood was literally just pouring out of my hand. I knew that I needed to wrap my wrist, but I didn't want too. I didn't want to go back inside that house and face the demons that I had once called parents.

I ran down the back of our acreage to the stables, where my horse Diamond would be. The whitest horse you could ever meet. I grabbed her bridle and quickly placed it on her head, then I opened the stall gate and mounted her. I galloped off  away from home. I found myself at the school.

I glared at that god forsaken school. I hated it. I quickly urged Diamond into a trot, and almost ran her into a young girl, who was obviously wagging. I had only just stopped Diamond in time.

"Watch where you are going!" She yelled. Her black hair fell down to her waist. Unlike most of the girls at school, she wore ripped stockings under her black shorts. And instead of having her school shirt on she had a black singlet. She had dark eyeliner and black eye shadow around her eyes.

"You should watch where you are going." I replied.
"You're the one who almost hit me."
"So?" I replied angrily.
"Ugh!" She groaned before she stormed off over the road.

I urged Diamond into a gallop once again. Not sure where I was actually going. I needed to get away. I needed a new start. A new guitar and a new family. One who actually cared. Dad didn't love mum, and mum didn't love dad. Dad hated mum, and mum hated dad, and I now, hated both of them. They destroyed the only thing that was left of my brother. They broke my pride.