Chapter Two - The Music Shop

I kept ridding until I found myself in front of the music store. I always came here. Lillian the owner knew who I was and I was allowed access to the back of the store. I rod my horse around the back and tied her up to the familiar metal pole. I dismounted and Diamond nickered at me as I walked into the store. I smiled.

Lillian wasn't paying attention and was almost falling asleep on the counter. "WAKE UP!" I yelled and banged my hands on either side of her head. She jumped with a small squeal, that she thought I didn't hear, and then she glared at me. "You arse!" She yelled, and gripped the collar of my shirt. Her arms were inked with tattoos, as were her legs, but that's not the point. Her hair was long and brown, and her eyes were a deep shade of green. She was eighteen, where as I was seventeen.

I smirked. "You aren't suppose to sleep at work." I replied.
"I do what I want." She replied and threw me to the ground. I laughed. "Why so violent, Lillian?" I asked.
"Cause some little fucker woke me up." She grumbled. I chuckled.

"What are you doing here anyway? School hasn't finished."
"Got suspended." I replied causally with a shrug.
"You? You out of all people got suspended? What the bloody hell did you do?" She asked.
"Called the teacher a fat whore." I replied.
"You did what?" Lillian said with a laugh, "lemme guess. Miss. Mays was giving you shit again."
"She said my guitar was an old shitty one."
"She deserved it." Lillian replied, her eyes full of anger.
"That's what I thought, but the principle and my parents didn't seem to think so," I replied with a sigh, "which reminds me, I've moving out of home."
"Why?" Lillian asked.
"Because dad smashed my guitar.." I replied quietly, with tears welling up in my eyes threatening to fall out. I looked up at the roof to avoid it.

"Why the fuck did he do that?!" Lillian yelled, "well since you need a new one, go get one."
"What?!" I replied, "you can't be serious."
"Alex, I'm serious. Now hurry up before I change my mind."

I just stood there. "Lillian, I can't take a guitar."
"You can. Now go."
"I'm not taking one." I replied.
"If you won't take a new one, you can have one of my old ones."
"Lillian.. No."
"You will take one of my old ones. I hardly ever use them, and I've got plenty. Also where are you planning to live?"
"Nowhere..." I replied sadly. It was true, I didn't know where to go.
"That's it! You're living with me too."
"Lillian! No."
"Yes! You have nowhere to go mister. You may as well come and live with me."
"True. But I'll feel bad."
"Alex... Don't feel bad. I'm glad to help you out."

It was true. She did like helping me out. She was one of the greatest friends that I have ever had.

"Alright." I replied with a sigh.